More on Obamaphones

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OutdoorTulsa

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has there ever been a Guvment program? No matter how well intentioned. That has not been in the end not ripe with rampent fraud and corruption.

All government programs not just Obamaphones are riddled with fraud. The growing epidemic of people too lazy to work is out of control. Why should they work with SSI, Welfare, Food stamps, housing, and almost free phones? Unsure where it becomes the responsibility of the working class to support healthy young people with no desire to do anything other than defraud the government. And it is clearly obvious these people vote by looking at the current administration.

Have you seen the SSI lawyers and programs on late night TV? I’m sorry but work place anxieties are not a disability.

I’m not against the government programs for those that truly need it. Just a guess, but in my opinion 80-90% of those receiving government and state aid are defrauding us the tax payers and the government that hands it over to them. Have witnessed too many healthy young people that would rather stay at home than get out do an honest day’s work.

A bad day at home making babies is better than a good day at work.

RKM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All government programs not just Obamaphones are riddled with fraud. The growing epidemic of people too lazy to work is out of control. Why should they work with SSI, Welfare, Food stamps, housing, and almost free phones? Unsure where it becomes the responsibility of the working class to support healthy young people with no desire to do anything other than defraud the government. And it is clearly obvious these people vote by looking at the current administration.

Have you seen the SSI lawyers and programs on late night TV? I’m sorry but work place anxieties are not a disability.

I’m not against the government programs for those that truly need it. Just a guess, but in my opinion 80-90% of those receiving government and state aid are defrauding us the tax payers and the government that hands it over to them. Have witnessed too many healthy young people that would rather stay at home than get out do an honest day’s work.

A bad day at home making babies is better than a good day at work.

You make an excellent point. Baby mommies rake it in, breeding indescriminately, counting on more babies = more money = less work = living off the worker bees. If you ever catch the comedic shows like Maury, some girls have gone through numerous DNA tests among several men to prove who the daddy is. I watched one show once, where over 10 guys took the DNA to prove they were not the daddy. 10 guys, small time frame = equals one loose, immoral woman, and still all 10 WERE not the daddy.
And we pay for it all.

rh6585

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
PEOPLE.....that deal has been going on since WAY before OBAMA took office...before cell phones it used to be home phones...i know because i work for a local phone company and have installed countless numbers of these "no revenue" lines...and that was during Bush Jr, so i guess we can call them Bushphones....or i guess that isnt as fun for you people as blaming EVERYTHING on OBAMA....

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
PEOPLE.....that deal has been going on since WAY before OBAMA took office...before cell phones it used to be home phones...i know because i work for a local phone company and have installed countless numbers of these "no revenue" lines...and that was during Bush Jr, so i guess we can call them Bushphones....or i guess that isnt as fun for you people as blaming EVERYTHING on OBAMA....

The problem has increased exponentially and is completely out of control under Obama's watch though. THAT is the issue.

So... if the shoe fits.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
The reason Oklahoma has so many phones on the Lifeline plan is because of the "Tribal Stipend". All other states are receive about $9.50 per month per Lifeline, regardless if it is a cell or land line.

95% of our state is Federally recognized Tribal Land, so we get an additional $25.00 (and some change). Bottom line, and as of this year, there is $35.25 per month per line per QUALIFIED recipient in THIS state if the person resides on Tribal land.

Because of the abuse of people getting more than one, databases and cross-checks have been increased 10 fold; companies that used to give out hundreds a day per rep now are giving out 15-30 a day per rep on a GREAT day, IF they are companies in compliance and following the newest rules and procedures. (The ones that aren't will slowly get shut down).
Some companies, like Easy Wireless mentioned above, charge the plan member $1 per month (the minimum amount allowed under plan regulations) for unlimited talk / text, rolling the dice that "'average usage" will still come in under $35 worth so they can make a profit, especially since ALL of these companies have to buy the phones they give out. (They would go in the hole every month if everyone used their cell phones like my daughters..but I digress...) Most companies offer 1,000 minutes / texts for the $1.00, but then charge anywhere from $7-30 additional for unlimited....as if they weren't getting enough already. (If one company can make money at only a buck, they ALL could). Anyway, the point of my post was to shed some light on why THIS state has so many, and to enlighten, for those "worried"..that regulations continue to come down fast and hard to "minimize" abuse. People who HAD 5-10 phones instead of the ONE allowed are waking up everyday to find all but one of them shut off..or as the typical case when confusion reigns..ALL of them shut off by the companies fearing penalties and sanctions. Not sure if I wanted my very first post in this esteemed group being THIS one, but just thought I'd fill in some blanks. Have a great day, one and all.
FYI, there IS a better way for ANYONE to get free unlimited talk / text/ and data at 4g speeds, but I'll address that to any that are interested, just message me.

Good post.

Latest posts

Top Bottom