More Turnpikes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
just drove down the Muskogee turnpike to Ft Smith .. the frigging toll has gone up to $1.50 x 2 = $3
it should be illegal what the Ok turnpike commission is doing ... just keep on adding more and more debt to make sure turnpikes never gets paid off.

Dewey Barlett is up for re-election .. during his term our water bill has basically doubled by addition of all sorts of crap .. and of course switching to a BIG trash company putting lots of small mom/pop operations out of business.

JxxxOxxxE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
just drove down the Muskogee turnpike to Ft Smith .. the frigging toll has gone up to $1.50 x 2 = $3
it should be illegal what the Ok turnpike commission is doing ... just keep on adding more and more debt to make sure turnpikes never gets paid off.

Ha...Yep. I believe they have already stated there will be a 16% toll increase state wide to cover these new ones...

I've been to the capital 3 weeks in a row....Almost every legislator I talked to told me they had no oversight over the OTA, when I asked who did oversee them, I never got answers...From what I've read, I thought the legislature approved the OTA so many years ago...

I did speak with a handful of legislators that did admit the OTA is out of control...Getting them all together to do something about it is another problem...

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe I am wrong but my impression is that OTA administration is populated with former legislators. Another "bonus" is getting those harassing phone calls from an OTA prison inmate/employee telling you to conform or else.

JxxxOxxxE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe I am wrong but my impression is that OTA administration is populated with former legislators. Another "bonus" is getting those harassing phone calls from an OTA prison inmate/employee telling you to conform or else.

I don't know if they were previously legislators or not, but 5 of the 6 listed as OTA board of directors, whom are appointed by Mary Fallin, have made donations to her past campaigns...

Kenneth Adams - $5000
Dana Weber - $3000
David Burrage - $2000
Albert Kelly - $10,000
Gene Love - $5250

Great historical campaign donation website - http://www.followthemoney.org/

Latest posts

Top Bottom