Mosquito Trouble

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hitokiri03

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I traded for a Sig Mosquito with a gentleman on the forum about a year ago. Didn't get the chance to clean it and take it to the range until two days ago. I loaded each of the two mags with CCI Mini Mags and had nothing but trouble. I would have about 8 failures per mag. The failures would be either FTE, FTF, and stovepipe. Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? Wife really wanted this gun as it was the .22LR that fit her hand best. Oh, and the gun I received did not have any extra springs included. Are there any local guys who are good about getting these things to run reliably?

On a side note, I finally got to test out my 15-22 with FDE Magpul furniture. I shot 100 mini mags through it flawlessly and then switch to Federal bulk. 400 rounds of Federal bulk through it and no problems what so ever. The irons are sighted for 25 yards and it can easily put all the rounds in the 10 and 9 areas of targets. Love this thing!

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife has one and I have the same problems. It will only eat federal bulk HP's. and thats iffy. I have tried to get her to trade it but she won't. After I get a few mags through it, it functions pretty good but its like it has to "warm up"

1S1K

My wife did the same thing when it was new, had to send it back. They polished the chamber and replaced extractor spring. Now it functions good but really likes the remington which is great cause it's cheap. Does it have the weaker spring on it now?

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Find the hottest ammo you can find and run through it. That combined with the weaker springs made mine work. It's not my favorite pistol. Think about contacting Sig to see if you can send it back and let them fix it. If you're lucky, they'll pay for it.

Hitokiri03

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not sure what spring is in it. It came with only 1 spring. I guess when I can afford to go get some more ammo, I will try some others.

Latest posts

Top Bottom