Mossburg Rifles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firepolicedude

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me about these rifles? Looking at a 243 but not sure about how they are made. I know they do well in shotguns but not sure about the rifles. If this is a re peat I am sorry. Searched the threads but didn't find anything.

RyansFortyFives

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have a friend with one of the ATR-100's in .30-06. I've shot it a few times, and it shoots great. Plenty accurate for a deer rifle, and I think for the money you can't go wrong. If you are looking for a sniper platform though, keep looking.

It's a cheap rifle, but he has no complaints yet.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Biggest issue will be aftermarket upgrades/parts.

If you want a good deer rifle, then by all means, get the Mossy. If you want something to change a stock/barrel/trigger out or put a fancy scope base on it, then its not going to work.

Stillhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My advice would be to get a used Savage, remington, or ruger Vs a Mosberg rifle. Savages especialy are good values, and that goes double for one that has savage's accutrigger. A deer rifle is something that can easily last your entire life and if I were you, I would not settle. Deer season is still a long way off and there is time to find a good used name brand rifle, do this if only because you won't lose your shirt on the resale of a name brand rifle.

.243 is a fine caliber for Oklahoma size whitetail, don't let anyone tell you different. Just be sure to load it with ammo that uses a quality 100 grain bullet.

cowboydoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have an ATR-100 in 270. It is the scoped combo with synthetic stock. I have no complaints - seems solidly built with good accuracy. It won't impress your friends, but the deer won't know the difference.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just looking for a good deer rifle. Think I am going to stay with a 243. In my opinion that would be a great caliber for where I hunt in and around the Okmulgee County area.

What the hell? I didn't even notice you were in Morris. I live across the street from the police station - are you a police/fireman down here? I may know you.

PM me man.

Latest posts

Top Bottom