Most fun Motorcycle you have ever riden

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okcwizzard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most fun?

My first "real" street bike, 1970 Hardtail sportster.
My father,Uncle,Grandfather let me pick it out when I was 16, Then on Christmas morning I find it completely torn down, I mean every last part/bolt taken off. With a shop manual and a box of tools.. Was told that it would be mine only when i finished building it (Life lesson).. Rode the hell out of that bike for many years. I'v had 40+ bikes since then,Many nicer/faster.. But that sporty was the best of the bunch. :heart:

Biggest rush?

Hands down the dual engine Triumph drag bike we built out of scrap/left over parts.Dual 650cc Unit motors, with 750cc kits, cut the tranny off the front motor, hand built a 5spd tranny. All belt drive motor to motor to tranny. Never did find out what the monster would top out at.. was way faster than any of us wanted to go. :bowdown:

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You are killing me.
HAHA! Lefty throttle, rocker clutch, right "hand" shift, and rear drum strap brake system. At any given time the only real contact you have to the bike is your ass on the spring loaded seat, and even that is optional on a bumpy road. The sounds and smells of those old machines are just amazing. I don't know what I'd do with myself if I ever have the opportunity to run a Hemi head Crocker.

Hands down the dual engine Triumph drag bike we built out of scrap/left over parts.Dual 650cc Unit motors, with 750cc kits, cut the tranny off the front motor, hand built a 5spd tranny. All belt drive motor to motor to tranny. Never did find out what the monster would top out at.. was way faster than any of us wanted to go.

Need Pics!

OkieGentleman

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
A friend brought over his new purchase. A 500cc Royal Enfield motorcycle and asked if I wanted to ride it (is the Pope catholic?) of course I did. Got my old helmet and dusted it off and it still fit. Cranked up the bike and took it out and around, ended up on I-35, checked the local Bear hide hole and he was off some place having coffee. Twisted the throttle and away I went, when it started to vibrate I checked the speedometer and it said 165 MPH. I backed off and got turned around and twisted the throttle again. It started vibrating at 165 MPH again. When I got back my friend asked how it ran and I told him he had a vibration at 165 MPH and he looked at me and said "I knew you were crazy, but I did not know you were that crazy." Later that night after putting the girls to bed I decided that I had not been crazy but I had been major STUPID. I sold my helmet at our next garage sale and have stayed off motorcycles for about 40 years now.

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
A 500cc Royal Enfield...the speedometer and it said 165 MPH
bs-meter.gif

Jack T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has to be the one I'm riding now. . .BMW K1200gt. Rock solid, smooth as silk. . .pick a speed, set the cruise, telephone poles look like a picket fence, and the lines on the road just look like dots. Comfortable enough to hold that speed until you have to stop for fuel again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom