Most interesting place you have spent Thanksgiving

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tin Star Firearms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cincinnatti Children's hospital in 2011 while waiting for my daughter's bone marrow transplant. She was in the chemotherapy pre-transplant stage and my wife and I were living in the hospital with her. She was seven months old and doing really well. She got her transplant in December 2011 and we got to come back to Oklahoma in May 2012. She continues to do well.

The Thanksgiving meal was provided by "Max's Meals" which is a non-profit run by a family in a similar situation that had be on the unit for an extended period. They provide Thanksgiving, Christmas and a Super Bowl party for all the patients families each year. Just a superb group of people.

Andrew

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My 2nd wife, my last ex, is half German and half Italian- her mother was German and her father Italian, her father had met her mother while he was studying in Germany. September 2000 my wife tells me that she wanted to go to Europe and visit all of her relatives for a couple months and also to be there for Christmas with her family- before she started showing (we had just found out she was pregnant). Since we were self employed in our own businesses we left everything with our manager and went. I had never been away from my family before on the holidays and I have a big assed family. So while all of my family congregated in Monterey California at my brothers on Thanksgiving and then at our family cabin on our annual family skiiing trip to Bear Valley ski resort on Christmas- I was stuck in Italy on Thanksgiving and in Germany on Christmas and had a miserable time.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1990 - Eating an MRE in Saudi while listening to them talk about how Bush flew in and had turkey with all the trimmings somewhere else in country.

Various Whataburgers and IHOPs other years on the road.

Latest posts

Top Bottom