Motor Cycle hoslters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeaux E

New to the site!
Reaction score
On the bike, I use the NRA 511 T-Shirt with integrated under-the-arms holsters.........
Very tight weapon retention on right or left sides, and easily accessible, with pistol on one side and mags on the other.........

Sam Shoun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wearing proper gear (which I always do), I don't find any difficulty carrying 4 o'clock or appendix unless I'm wearing one-piece leathers. In that case I would probably go p3at in the strong side jacket pocket (zipped).

The challenge is transitioning off the bike to regular activity (restaurant, whatever). If my jacket needs to be removed I like to have a long enough shirt underneath that I can untuck and use it to conceal. If removing one piece leathers, just re-stash the mouse gun however preferred.

I REALLY don't like to leave my guns anywhere, even locked. Not saying never, but I really don't like it.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Summer/ t shirt weather- KT P3AT in a KD 2in1 wallet pocket holster.

Jacket weather- The same, or Kimber RCP 3" 1911 or G36 in jacket pocket or CTAC holster.

Probably better options out there, but these work good enough so far.

Blackbirdpilot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have carried many different ways while riding and all have their pros and cons.
I have carried in my jacket pocket which is actually a decent carry method depending on your particular jacket and pistol. Its handy, discreet and easy to keep your jacket under your control at all times even when off the bike.
I have carried IWB. There is a lot of potential for your jacket riding up which can lead to some unnecessary grief if some sheep decides to call and report the scary man with the gun. Also could cause some serious pain in the event of a get off. Probably pretty accessible depending on your jacket. No issues when off the bike of course.
I have carried in my tank bag as well but I was always afraid to step away from my bike even long enough to pay for gas and/or use the head unless someone I knew was keeping an eye on my gear. Then when you go in somewhere for more than a minute you have to take your tank bag and keep it under close supervision. I was also concerned that some street urchin might grab it and run at a stoplight or some such and I would not be able to chase him very well in many circumstances. Particularly if I had to get off the bike and try to run in my riding boots. I have a magnetic tank bag though. If you have the kind that straps on it would be a lot less of a concern.
Finally the method I have been using lately...the very little I have been riding. I picked up a fanny pack and gave that a try. Other than carrying in the tank bag its the most comfortable. Probably the quickest and easiest access. It is easy to keep under your control at all times on or off the bike. The only negative I can think of is that fanny packs are pretty...well dorky. Old guys can pull it off easier but a young underwear model looking guy like me just doesn't look right wearing a fanny pack. ;-) It does blend in a lot better with riding gear though.
The pack I have is a Tommys Gun Pack. It works perfectly and is really fast to access.
I have considered trying a belly band. I think that would actually be a decent method of bike carry though it would be very slow to acess and hot in the summer. It would potentially have a side benefit of providing some back support on longer rides though. Maybe.

Dbltap

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I'm wearing a coat, G26 owb, normally with a cover shirt too in case I need to take off the coat. If it's tshirt weather, j frame on the ankle. Never had a problem with either exposing. I also don't believe in off body carry unless it's while seated in my truck. Then it's easier to get to than holstered behind the seat belt.

Latest posts

Top Bottom