Movie theaters asking women to open their purses... looking for guns.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe she looks suspicious?.:/

I'm not sure which theater(s) she was talking about.

Any search would be easy to beat with a gun, candy, or a flask. My 40oz of High Life I make my old lady smuggle would be no more though (and no, I don't drink while carrying).

Yeah, you won't catch me believing searching ladies purses is gonna do much. But for being the liberal mecca of Texas, Austin is still pretty laid back. For quite awhile after the full body scanners at airports were rolled out, you'd still just get waved through the metal detectors a lot of the times. Worst they've done is make it pretty clear they aren't a fan of gun shows, so everyone just started doing them in the suburbs (Cedar Park).

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's where you plan ahead. Have your wife pack a duffel bag and use it as a purse for going to the theatre. Pack it full of things that are going to make the kid searching it squeamish. Maybe toss a diaper with some chocolate pudding in the top and leave it open for them to see straight away. Crumpled up kleenex with a little slimy looking something is another one they are not going to even want to begin to mess with. Banana peels would be good underneath so that if they are brave enough to reach in they can find something squishy and cold to get ahold of. Get a couple prophylactics and put a little shaving cream and water in and tie them off and toss them in there too. Basically make them feel like if they reach their hand into that bag they may want to scour it in boiling water and then rinse it with rubbing alcohol. My guess is they will not be interested in even thinking about that search and likely leave you alone the next time.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
NightShade said:
That's where you plan ahead. ... Get a couple prophylactics and put a little shaving cream and water in and tie them off and toss them in there too.
One unused prophylactic. One soiled.
i595.photobucket.com_albums_tt40_thekramers13_83bb30e0_c7ce_4156_94ad_1b6bee2893f0.jpg

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The movies here in Shawnee have a sign that says if you have a backpack or a large bag that it will be searched. And the. At the very bottom it says no weapons allowed. It's not a typical gunbuster sign so it would be easy to not read it. I don't care what it says, I am carrying. And my wife has hers in her purse. If they wanted to search her or me I would say forget it and leave.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im good to go usually always wearing baggie clothes with no problems unless I get pat down or hit with the wand and that hasnt happened yet, at least at the Warren in BA where I usually go on Friday afternoons. After all the shite that has gone on at theatres I wont be there without me gun and knife, I'll wait for em to hit TV.

Warren in B.A. has a sign that prohibits "Open Carry". Which tells me they don't care that I'm CCing. Have MANY times in the past carried contraband candy in instead of paying $5+ for a $1 bag of candy. But we usually buy drinks and popcorn as well, so I don't feel too bad that the theater is losing out.

BTW, saw The Martian today - I liked it.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A friend of mine and his wife got searched at Regal Cinemas back in August.
He told that his wife politely asked the girl why it was that only the women were being subjected to this search and that men were not being asked to empty their pockets. The girl replied that "any man who brings a purse or bag in will also be asked to open it."

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
A friend of mine and his wife got searched at Regal Cinemas back in August.
He told that his wife politely asked the girl why it was that only the women were being subjected to this search and that men were not being asked to empty their pockets. The girl replied that "any man who brings a purse or bag in will also be asked to open it."

Good point. lol

We will decline any bag or body searches and will cease to visit said theaters. As well as sending a nicely-written polite letter to management explaining our rationale. We go to the movies a LOT and we spend a good amount of money when we do. Hell, prolly spent... close to $50 today, just for two of us.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They can do all the searching they wont it wont bother me one bit but then its been over 30 years since i have went to a movie theater and dont see me going anytime in the future.
Same with the airlines i have no need to fly anywhere.

Okey-Dokey

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wouldn't step foot in a theater that did this (no gun sign or searching you before entry). No way in heck. Voting with your money is the first step in securing freedom. Once they start losing all their customers they'll realize it's not a good idea to do this to people.

Seriously folks, don't fund tyranny. Bring your money elsewhere.

Latest posts

Top Bottom