Here's a question about carrying past the signs... for those who do so.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I would leave if I had the option. I might gripe at em but I know they didn't want my gun there to begin with so I probably wouldn't say much about a refund. Now, they try to detain me? We got a problem and it won't go smooth! I know this hypothetical was kinda based on missing a no gun sign, I pretty much always look for signs at the door when I enter a new place. I like to know what type of place I'm doing business with.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you ask me if I'm carrying, my response is "Nunya". If you try to touch me I'll restrain you from doing so, with force if necessary. If you ask me to leave, I'll leave.

It really is that simple.

My answer is not “nunya”, it’s “no”. I have no legal requirement to answer the question truthfully. Answering with “Nunya” just means yes lol.

Agree with the rest.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Them trying to restrain you from leaving, to me, is non-sequitur. First of all, is it not legal for you to be there armed, unless and until they asked you to leave? If they prevent you from leaving, then where is the trespassing?

I was suggesting that some overzealous and misinformed types might think you were committing a crime if you were carrying there, being asked to leave notwithstanding. Therefore they might feel the need to try to keep you there until the police showed up, i.e., a citizen's arrest. Just saying.

I'm not saying much, if any, of this is super likely, but I think it's a good idea to examine possible situations and have a prepared and ready response to questions, etc. I like hearing what others think and do and think we SHOULD do... I don't think I have all the answers, and the point of a community is to benefit from the experience and perspective of other people, both like-minded and otherwise.

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Them trying to restrain you from leaving, to me, is non-sequitur. First of all, is it not legal for you to be there armed, unless and until they asked you to leave? If they prevent you from leaving, then where is the trespassing?
Wrong, gunbuster signs in OK carry no weight of law. If they ask you to leave, and you don't it then becomes a simple trespass. No gun law has been broken. Back to the original OP, "are you a law enforcement officer? Do you have a warrant? No? Thank you have a nice day.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wrong, gunbuster signs in OK carry no weight of law. If they ask you to leave, and you don't it then becomes a simple trespass. No gun law has been broken. Back to the original OP, "are you a law enforcement officer? Do you have a warrant? No? Thank you have a nice day.

That’s what I was saying. RIF.

Latest posts

Top Bottom