Movies to Help Pass the Time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One that I've only seen parts of on YouTube is the one where the Australian mounted infantry take Beersheba in WWI. In it, the British has tried numerous times to attack and capture the city to no avail. Where the mounted infantry generally get close to their objective on horseback and then attack on foot. the commander of this one "unit" plans to charge via horseback all the way to the enemy. That was unexpected by the Germans, and as cavalry, they were able to get in under the guns and succeed in taking the city.

Charge of the Australian Light Infantry

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
We just watched Army of the Dead. Pretty good. It's a zombie movie, so don't expect realism and logic, but it was entertaining. Dave Bautista isn't going to be up for any Academy Awards, but we enjoyed it.

<edit> Oh and last night after we got home from A Quiet Place Part II, I was in the mood for a dark comedy, so we watched The Voices. Ryan Reynolds can be pretty funny. Again, not Oscar material, but I like me some dark comedic death, at times.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We just watched Army of the Dead. Pretty good. It's a zombie movie, so don't expect realism and logic, but it was entertaining. Dave Bautista isn't going to be up for any Academy Awards, but we enjoyed it.

<edit> Oh and last night after we got home from A Quiet Place Part II, I was in the mood for a dark comedy, so we watched The Voices. Ryan Reynolds can be pretty funny. Again, not Oscar material, but I like me some dark comedic death, at times.

I think there was a decent idea there for AOD, but it was horribly portrayed on the screen to me . . . even as zombie flicks go. And Dave Bautista's acting was one of the worst I've seen from him. Not that the bar is set very high . . .

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think there was a decent idea there for AOD, but it was horribly portrayed on the screen to me . . . even as zombie flicks go. And Dave Bautista's acting was one of the worst I've seen from him. Not that the bar is set very high . . .
I actually liked him the most as Drax. I think that suits him best.

Latest posts

Top Bottom