Movies to Help Pass the Time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just checked and NetFlix hasn't released the fourth season as yet,,,
Season 4 has been out for several months now, but you'll be waiting a really long time if you look for it on Netflix. Amazon owns it, lock, stock, and barrel (they picked it up after SyFy dropped it), and they're not likely to give it to the competition.

Amos is my favorite character, too. There are some great Amos moments in season 4.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
It's been so long since I watched a few episodes of "The Expanse" that I've forgotten about it. I lost interest pretty quickly and moved on to other shows. I guess if I get bored enough I'll check it out again although sci-fi isn't my favorite genre.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you get the chance, check out The Expanse. Kinda slow moving but once you get into the story and the politics, it turns into a great series. Its modern moderate future scifi. Can stream on Amazon Prime.

I need to watch the current season of The Expanse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I watched the first two seasons of The Expanse. I should go back and pick up the rest.

I'll throw in a vote for Lost In Space, the new series. Two seasons, it's very family-friendly, too. I'm a BIG proponent of that.

I binged both seasons of Lost in Space. Awesome series.

You should definitely give The Expanse another shot.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Altered Carbon (I need watch season 2)
Jack Ryan (just started season 2)
Narcos
Narcos Mexico (need to watch season 2)
The 100 (way behind on this one)
Another vote for Dark Matter
I keep meaning to give Nightflyers a chance

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Altered Carbon (I need watch season 2)
Jack Ryan (just started season 2)
Narcos
Narcos Mexico (need to watch season 2)
The 100 (way behind on this one)
Another vote for Dark Matter
I keep meaning to give Nightflyers a chance

The 100 is an awesome series!! I may just have to start over on Season 1 and watch 'em all again. I always pick up on something I missed the 1st time around.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A British whodunnit series that I really like is Midsomer Murders. A very well-acted series, a lot of the episodes are on youtube.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Talk about films that are unwatchable, I'll put 2001: A Space Odyssey in that category. I know, I know, it was artsy-fartsy to beat hell, one of Kubrick's best films and all that, but to me, it was a dull plodding monstrosity. In this pointless film, Kubrick was a pure 'Toscanini of tedium', to use Vincent Bugliosi's apt phrase.

I had heard such good things about this film, how utterly brilliant it was, how profound, how Kubrick had achieved the pinnacle of the art of film making. So when I saw the DVD in WalMart I bought it, expecting to see a masterpiece. I put it in my DVD player and immediately thought that something was wrong with the disc. I went on IMDb and found out that, no; my DVD was fine and the posters there urged me to continue the movie, that I was about to really enjoy a lofty cinematic experience. Yeah, right.

I had to struggle through this disaster. I had to watch it stages because otherwise, I'd have been bored to tears. I was anyway.

When I told the folks on IMDb how I felt, I was immediately denounced as a troll, on the grounds that this, and another Kubrick film I said that I didn't like, were such fine films that everyone had to like them. That seemed to be the gist of their reasoning, anyway.

Toscanini of tedium; it fits. Thank God, all I was out was $3.78 + tax.

Last edited:

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I share your opinion of 2001.

I watched it at the theater back when it first came out,,,
As a teenage boy I really didn't get all the sub-text.

Just a few months back I was perusing Netflix,,,
I came across it and thought "what the heck, I'll watch it".

Absolutely the most boring movie I have ever seen.

Aarond

Latest posts

Top Bottom