Movies to Help Pass the Time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I watched decent little movie with my brother's family last night: Dungeons and Dragons: Honor Among Thieves. I'm not, generally, a fan of fantasy and wizards and such, but I found it to be an entertaining way to spend a couple of hours. You don't need to know anything about the game or it's genre to enjoy the movie--it's kind of like the old Bugs Bunny cartoons, and how they were entertaining for kids, but there was also stuff for the adults. I'm sure if you were into D&D there would be things you get out of it, but it just flies under the radar for most people. (Although I had a passing fancy for the game about 40 years ago, the only thing that surpasses what I've forgotten about it is what I never knew about it.)

It's not going to be confused with a classic, but I'd give it a solid 7 out of 10 oaths that have not forsworn you.

Last edited:

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just got done watching..

1688864802431.png

Never get tired of it...

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just got done watching..

View attachment 391438

Never get tired of it...
Where I used to work, we had a new big boss come aboard, and within a year or so, a department leader got hired. In every meeting she would talk about what the big boss wanted, always calling him by his first name. She did this so often that my boss and I both often quoted Glen Campbell’s line right after Kim Darby had used Lawyer J. Noble Daggett’s name one too many times—“she draws him like a gun.”

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Manhunt: Search for the Night Stalker

Made-for-TV movie with the late Richard Jordan as Los Angeles Sheriff's detective Sgt. Frank Salerno. Good acting and it followed the case pretty well to boot.

okiebertt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A lot of the movies I see anymore are what's on Amazon Prime. Here is some recent favorites. You will have to check you brain at the door for some and don't expect realism but we did fine doing that back in 80s.

Renfield - Nicolas Gage is in full gonzo mode in this horror comedy, very funny. Renfield (2023) ⭐ 6.4 | Comedy, Fantasy, Horror

Halo - I have never been a gamer and didn't know anything about it, but I liked it as a good sci-fi series, sure lots of fan boys hated it. Halo (TV Series 2022– ) ⭐ 7.2 | Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi

Evil Dead Rise - Lots of bloody gory violence in this one, very good. Evil Dead Rise (2023) ⭐ 6.5 | Horror

Guy Ritchies The Covenant - Jake Gyllenhaal in a good Afghanistan war action adventure movie. The Covenant (2023) ⭐ 7.5 | Action, Drama, Thriller

Warhorse One - Another Afghanistan war movie with Johnny Strong killing a sh*tload of Taliban scum. It's a feel good movie. :) Warhorse One (2023) ⭐ 5.2 | Action, Drama, War

The Siege of Firebase Gloria - A 1988 Vietnam flick with R. Lee Ermey and Wings Hauser killing some VC. An old favorite. The Siege of Firebase Gloria (1988) ⭐ 6.8 | Action, Drama, War

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just watched “City of Life and Death/Nanking”.
On Youtube for free without ads. Not a cheerful movie, but realistically portrayed and follows true events. Subtitles- it’s extremely good and worth watching.

Latest posts

Top Bottom