Moving to Roger's county with NFA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt Giroux

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IME, the locals almost acted like they wondered why I was notifying them if I had already notified the ATF and had the approved paperwork for change/update of permanent address.

As things are the way they are right now, probably wouldn’t hurt to do it anyway so you’re on the up and up all around.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where are you seeing this? I have never seen anything that said you have to notify the new CLEO when you are moving with an already approved NFA item.

"Asking for a friend"

LennyDw

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Where are you seeing this? I have never seen anything that said you have to notify the new CLEO when you are moving with an already approved NFA item.

"Asking for a friend"

https://www.okshooters.com/threads/rodgers-county-cleo.332057/
Read about people notifying CLEO in Rogers county in the above link when they were getting their NFA stuff. Figured if I was moving in state with class 3 items, I would be under the same obligation as those with new class three items.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have not seen anything that has said you're required to notify the CLEO when you move. I guess there is no harm in doing it but I far as I can tell there is also no need. My opinion is the less you have the paperwork out there the better as long as you are staying within the law.

Hopefully an NFA expert will chime in. I am fumbling my way through this myself and finally got back some corrected 5320.20 forms today after months. Thankfully my SBR change of address went through on the first try but my suppressors got rejected so I had to resubmit and correct some stuff. The suppressors are not as big of a deal since you do not have a requirement to notify them for interstate travel.

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had to change the address on my SBR 6 years ago. I got it after my Dad passed away and didnt even know until I was talking with a ATF agent. You are only required to notify the ATF, the state of Oklahoma doesnt need to know at any level unless you just want them to know.

Big50

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think all this is a myth as long as you don't move out of state. The ATF would like you to notify them if you relocate but I don't believe it is law. Please correct me if i am wrong?

Latest posts

Top Bottom