Mower question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Now this could be taken 2 different ways.
10 year old can get a carb built.
Or 10 year old can spray carb cleaner in his eye.

:)
Rick can surely pull off one of the above.
:)
I have replaced the carb before. I even got it running years ago when it came back from the shop worse that when it went in.

I am pretty handy on most things but not a great mechanic. Back in the old days I could do a break job, replace plugs & wires, etc but never got into tearing an engine down.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have replaced the carb before. I even got it running years ago when it came back from the shop worse that when it went in.

I am pretty handy on most things but not a great mechanic. Back in the old days I could do a break job, replace plugs & wires, etc but never got into tearing an engine down.
Thats like me im a parts changer not a mechanic but have learned a few things over the years on minor stuff with mowers since im to big of a tight wad to pay someone else to do it and it is hard as all get out to find a small engine mechanic here and when you do its a year out before they can get you in.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sometimes it’s almost easier to just replace the carb entirely. If you can find one cheap. I’ve used cheap Chinese Amazon carburetors on push mowers before with decent results.

I also did the same thing you did. Let it sit too long with gas in it. After that, I am very anal about any small engine sitting. Chainsaw/mower/boat/weed eater/etc… if I use a tool and know that it is going to be more than a month before I start it again, I always drain the gas and run it dry

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When my kids were about 4th grade they wanted to ride the 2 stroke scooter.
I showed them how to take the carb off and clean it with torch tip cleaners and carb cleaner spray can.

Every year that yamaha would need the slow speed jet reamed and blown out.
Kids asked if they could ride it after a year and I said if you can get it running you can ride it.

They told me they needed to take the carburetor apart and clean it again.
I said go ahead but do not spray that stuff in your eyes.

They said why would we do that?
I said just don't do it.

Oldest came in and went to the bathroom sink and washing his face off and said I sprayed it in one hole and it came out another and got in my eyes.

Yea what did I tell you.
Burns don't it.
Yea but I only got a little in my eye.

So @RickN do not get any carb cleaner in your eyes.
If 10 year old kids can do it you can too.

I warned you.
Your not doing it right without an eye full of carb cleaner!

Latest posts

Top Bottom