Multiple shooting Victims at Lake Hefner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.ammoland.com/2018/05/ar...0_6f6fac3eaa-ded9ccf305-7179273#axzz5H4qMitWU
Why No National Media Mention of Armed Citizen Heroes in OK?
Video | Ammoland Inc. Posted on May 30, 2018 by Ammoland

..."Armed American citizens acting boldly, under their own summary command and judgment, to save innocent lives is directly opposed by our media’s brittle, leftist, “enforced helplessness” agenda.

A courageous armed citizen (or two) not waiting for “permission,” but positively acting under his own authority to protect the innocent, is thus unthinkable anathema to liberals!"...

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To my knowledge from what I've read in stories and in this thread, that Ammoland article is misleading. That article claims the shooter went inside the restaurant, but I've heard differently here. Plus, neither of the armed citizens had their weapons on them, in other words, not carrying concealed as the Ammoland article implies.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
^^^ Agree, In fact, the "armed citizens" aspect was reported on all major networks. Story wasn't a long-run item, but when it was news, it was being reported correctly as "good guy with gun stops bad guy with gun". The media doesn't always fail to report accurately.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To my knowledge from what I've read in stories and in this thread, that Ammoland article is misleading. That article claims the shooter went inside the restaurant, but I've heard differently here. Plus, neither of the armed citizens had their weapons on them, in other words, not carrying concealed as the Ammoland article implies.

http://ktul.com/news/local/witnesse...-restaurant-thank-those-who-saved-their-lives

"TULSA, Okla. (KTUL) -- Two witnesses of the shooting inside the Louie's restaurant in Oklahoma City are sharing their story.

On Thursday, police say Alexander Tilghman shot through the doors at the Louie's, hitting three people. "...

Last edited:

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
He was saying he needed help, but I'm guessing there are no walk-in clinics that would take him seriously or really take him in for real treatment....?
I had a neighbor confide in the the wife and I. I said 'hell yes, we'll help in any way'. After many many hours on the phone, I was astonished at the lack of help available. The costs of programs are ridiculously expensive and insurance doesn't cover much mental health issues.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've wondered why they didn't have weapons on them and then figured out that they might be using the jogging trails where we see folks all the time in shorts, sneakers and no shirt?
No way to conceal.
We don't know the real reason, and I'm just speculating.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Agreed, sometimes it is very VERY inconvenient and difficult to carry. I haven't carried all week due to being very unfamiliar (my own fault) with local laws in Arkansas other than knowing it is illegal to carry in place of worship and having to inform someone when you enter their dwelling. I've just been praying, for the most part.

As for how hard it is to commit someone - it's practically impossible. Guy blatantly and psychotically threatens others, destroys valuable property ($20k worth of equipment in our ER), threatens police and staff, actively injures himself - and gets a pass out in a couple of days, zero charges, zero consequences.

Welcome to America - the kinder, gentler place where we fear to lock up people who are insane so we don't hurt their feelers - and our children are caught in the crossfire.

Oh, and non-violent, law-abiding gun owners are vilified and blamed and called murderers. I'm about to say F*** this place.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Agreed, sometimes it is very VERY inconvenient and difficult to carry. I haven't carried all week due to being very unfamiliar (my own fault) with local laws in Arkansas other than knowing it is illegal to carry in place of worship and having to inform someone when you enter their dwelling. I've just been praying, for the most part.

As for how hard it is to commit someone - it's practically impossible. Guy blatantly and psychotically threatens others, destroys valuable property ($20k worth of equipment in our ER), threatens police and staff, actively injures himself - and gets a pass out in a couple of days, zero charges, zero consequences.

Welcome to America - the kinder, gentler place where we fear to lock up people who are insane so we don't hurt their feelers - and our children are caught in the crossfire.

Oh, and non-violent, law-abiding gun owners are vilified and blamed and called murderers. I'm about to say F*** this place.
Thank you democrats.

Latest posts

Top Bottom