05/15/2022 Another Mass Shooting. This time at a California Church

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
you win dude.

guy is a cuck who just wants to argue.

don't give em the satisfaction bro it's the equivalent of trying to prove your point to a tube of Colgate
well hell when i'm bored sitting on the couch i want to argue too.

but grammar nazi stuff? oh come on
and not sure he got my joke about my reading "compression"

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
even worse; non violent felonies i bet too.

oh no, this guy was having too much of a good time and we caught him 30 years ago; can't let him legally defend his life anymore even if he's 75!
I totally agree. I have never understood the whole nonviolent felony not being allowed to own guns. Hell if the crime involved no violence and it has been 5+ years ago, who cares? Druggies can turn their lives around

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I totally agree. I have never understood the whole nonviolent felony not being allowed to own guns. Hell if the crime involved no violence and it has been 5+ years ago, who cares? Druggies can turn their lives around
especially if the drug becomes legal
or because they didn't pay an illegal (supposedly temporary) fee to an unjust government
or because they drilled a hole where they shouldn't; had a string; who knows soon enough maybe possessed some uppers and spare guns parts plus a garage full of tools.
even committed a hate crime by posting online

we've got a lot of felonies that shouldn't warrant someone forfeiting their right to life. especially when after getting out of prison for said felony charges, you might have met some characters who upon also being released you might want to ya know.....have something to protect yourself just in case.

i mean if you did you time for any number of complete joke non-violent felonies, and you were a big hit with big george, are you saying when big george gets out in five to seven you aren't gonna remember when he said he's gonna look you up?

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I agree. That's not my stance. Never has been.

Violent felons and gun crimes are different.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Joegrizzy you’ve brought up some touchy stuff here, but thanks for having the guts to do it.
well the inter racial crime stats are mostly there to really illustrate one thing:

that either way, inter racial murder is EXTREMELY RARE. it's literally a "man bites dog" story every time it happens, because most murders do occur within the same race; and most occur with a known victim/killer. completely wanton random violence in the form of mass murder is actually extremely rare.

however

violent crimes that don't always involve murder; ie shootings, wherein someone is just going to a place and spraying, like gang crimes and other shootings that get culled from certain "mass shooting" criteria, is both more common and also where most of the inter racial violent crimes occur.

things like random assaults, muggings, carjacks, sexual assaults, etc etc are FAR more common, and also FAR more heavily one sided in terms of inter racial crime. yes it's true that blacks murder whites at a rate far higher than vice versa, but that stat WIDENS IMMENSELY when you start looking at other violent crimes.

it gets downright absurd.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
DANG!!!!!!!!! Don't shoot each other! Like everything else this issue is far to complicated to solve in a few miss-spelled sentences on here! Like many other things, all human socity would be better off without! Guns can't be UN-invented! No matter what anyone does, there is no getting rid of guns, and never will be. As long as bad people have guns, good people MUST have them as well! Australia's gun ban has been mentioned here, I have visited Australia, and New Zealand. In my opinion, nice friendly people as a rule, but the authorities take themselves much to seriously! The movie, Quigley Down Under, does a good job of portraying their attitude, and that is exactly the type government official citizans NEED the right to own guns to PROTECT THEMSELVES FROM! OUR SECOND AMENDMENT WAS ADDED TO GRANTEE WE CAN PROTECT OURSELVES, AND OUR WAY OF LIFE, AND OUR COUNTRY, FROM OUR OWN GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! President Abraham Lincoln once said, " All the armies of the world could not by force take a drink from the Ohio River, in a trial of 1000 years!" He said that because all Americans were armed then, just as they are armed now, and that is still true!

Lincoln once said

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Then we fundamentally disagree and there will be no common ground. I’m against convicted felons being able to legally possess firearms. Always will be.
There is a constitutional remedy. It is called due process followed up with imprisonment or execution. People in prison may still have the right but their access to arms is deprived as is recognized in the Fifth Amendment. Once released from prison however, their access to life, liberty, and property is no longer deprived of them. The solution? Don't release them from prison until it can be proven in a court of law that they are no longer a threat to society. Therein lies the rub. A set prison term for someone convicted of a violent crime, even if served completely, is no assurance a violent felon is safe to be released from prison. So, not safe to be armed? Keep them in prison.

Also note that this need not only concern arms. A violent person can turn anything into a deadly weapon. So, as I said, there should be no release of a person convicted of a violent crime from prison until it can be proven in a court of law that that person is no longer a threat to society. For those who are not executed, we need a few Papillion Islands to stockpile these criminals who cannot pass muster.

Harsh? No. It is prudent.

Woody

Latest posts

Top Bottom