Multiple State Parks possibly closing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
We should do what CO did.
Just think, when oil n gas rebound and if pot were legal, we would have 2 major tax revenue sources instead of putting all our eggs in one basket. A novel approach...
The same argument every teenager has for legalized pot is taxation.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was at Tenkiller state park last week rented a 2 bedroom cabin..Wanted the 3 room one.. which was right next to the one I got.
They said it was being renovated.

Well I watched the old dude renovating it and in 2 days all he did was carry four 2x4's into it and stood outside and smoked cigarettes the rest of the time.
Yea I bet that is a by the hour job.

Working it like a true Government employee.
I worked at FAA for many years and you were not allowed to work fast. Found that out the first day.
A job that would take 2 hours for 2 guys needed to last 4 days for 5 guys. Not exaggerating.. You guys know.

AKJ20

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of the issues, i have with Oklahoma parks and lakes, why can't they clear a area to fish.
Why do i have walk through 2 feet high grass to fish?
Why can't they do something about the algae?

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I go by the state park at Salt Plains on occasion. Its rare to see anybody there. The cabins fill up during hunting season though.
I made the mistake of staying at Salt Plains and two other parks in the last year, and the run-down condition of the cabins was matched only by the indifference of the staff. In one, the clerk on duty could not be found to register me and give me my key (I had a reservation and it was about 4 PM) because they had left the desk unattended to "take a break." Half hour later they wandered in.

I am not surprised the state park cabins are "under utilized."

Latest posts

Top Bottom