Muzzle loader starts this weekend.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Good luck everyone! We're headed out in the morning, hope to be in our stands down south 45 before twilight. Not seeing a whole lot of activity on the cameras during legal light, but I'll never pass an opportunity to sit in the stand and just be in nature. Wife is taking one stand, I'm taking another. this is her first year with ML, so she'll probably get a bruiser 180 class buck, knowing my luck.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did not see a thing. I did find some tracks. But no sight of the deer that left them. Took the last hour or so and scouted around looking for scraps but did not find any. Finally the cattle started moving in towards the pond I was hunting around and by the look in the bulls eye I knew it was time to hoof on out of there.
Called it a day and came home, now its raining here with thunder and lightning.

Its all good I need to get some sleep anyway been up for the last 24 hours.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well, we're back from communing with nature. I say that because we're having no luck down south. On our way out, we checked the feeders only to find that two of them had dead batteries and the hoppers were still full. Dang it! How'd I miss that? I guess the cold temps did them in.

So we're going back mid week depending on weather. Dang it, I hate it when I let things fall through the cracks.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1 for taking the 5 year old with me this evening. -1000 for leaving primers sitting on my workbench.

Oh well. got to check the camera. Confirm that mostly cows are hitting the feeders. Grass is so dang tall and thick at ground level you might have a monster just 10 feet from you and you wouldn't know it.

Oh well. I have 1 pic of a decent 8pt buck. Its something I'd probably drop the hammer on the last weekend of the season. Until then he would get the pass. Has some growing to do before.

SWRhodd

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Woke up this morning to a heavy fog and saw one deer driving to the property. So hopefully it will get the big boys moving this morning in SW Oklahoma.

Latest posts

Top Bottom