My 3 week old yard

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm guessing it's the one he bought in December on an installment plan. When the final payment was made over a month later, no complaints were made. Fast forward 4 months later and probably around 100 hours later and now he's complaining.
It was 2 years ago dipshit, not last Dec. and I called you out on it back then. You have a problem with the payment arrangement we made, then you shouldnt have agreed. I kept my word and paid you as agreed. I never used it until the following spring. WTF mows in OK before May? So it had 0 F'ing hours added to it. The proof than you neglected the mower became very obvious when I did the initial pre maintenance before using it. You knowingly sold me a mower you had to have known was bad. Otherwise you wouldnt have put a 90 weight oil in it to keep it from smoking.
Yes, he did that. Karmas a *****.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry to ruin the love fest, but I'm about ready to do the same as the OP.

The summer of 2013 began with a beautiful yard, as it was years prior. In June we had our twins, and time for yard maintenance went down, outside of mowing, edging, and watering. Since it had a healthy start, it maintained itself fairly well for the rest of the season. For 2014, I knew I wouldn't have time for detailed lawn maintenance, so we hired a guy to spray it. He sprayed it throughout the season, I watered, mowed, and edged, but it started going downhill fast. This season, now that our boys are a little less dependent on constant interaction/intervention on our part, I have more time for the yard. However, the Bradford Pears are overgrown, shading my bermuda, which has left a dirt patch. The rest of it is thin and patchy. I laid down seed following the manufacturer's instructions, even doing the optional compost mix. Not a single seed sprouted.

I don't know if I should let it go and try my best to restore it throughout the year, paying someone $$$ to trim or even remove my Bradford Pears to open up some sunshine, spend $$$ on the equipment to do it myself, or just say F bermuda and go with something a bit more shade tolerant.

I used to love my yard, now I hate it. Funny thing is, I don't treat the back yard and besides the rain and when the kids play in the sprinkler, it doesn't even get watered, yet it looks fantastic! Stupid ass grass.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I never had luck with planting grass seed. Except when I worked with my uncle doing Hydromulch installing yards.
I took that method which was 10-20-10 mixed with cellulose and grass seed and water sprayed on a yard and never let it get dry.

So I did the mulch it in really well, no cellulose though, 6X more seed and 3X more fertilizer than recommended .
Seemed to work.
That tree in the yard was purchased 5 years ago and it was 4" diameter and 10-12 foot tall I did not put any weed killer on my lawn in all those years as I wanted the tree to get a good grip and so far it worked but my yard suffered from it.

I would pull weeds by hand every year and that worked well ..That Oak tree got huge and now the Bermuda is not optimum. And it was looking like thinning bald guy with weeds.
This is why I did what I did.
Now my neighbors are wanting to till up their yards. HA!

I see some weeds coming up and will spot spray them and see if I can kill them without killing the grass.
I figure once this thickens up it will choke them out.. I will be over seeding it this year once it takes a good hold.

FredNOk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thinking that swampratt needs to visit my swamp and grow some grass with his special techniques! I have johnson grass that i've battled for almost 20 years until i said ah screw this!

Latest posts

Top Bottom