My 3 week old yard

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had to mow it.. it was really tall and laying over and rain for the next week.
It is 4"-5" tall now and was probably 8" tall before I mowed it

cyberslider

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks good. I'm jealous. My yard is all ate up by moles and gophers. Plus, 20 years of never raking side discharged clippings. Soggy, bumpy, weedy. Just crap. Busts my kidney's trying to mow it.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you all for the kind words.. let's see if I can keep from killing it.

I spread some bug be gone every now and then the granules and I chased all the ants to my neighbors yard.
When I tilled this yard I noticed I had No grub worms.
I have heard kill the grubs off and the gophers will leave.
Mother-in-law stuck 7 of those little wirrly birds in her back yard to chase the ground diggers to the neighbors yards.. it worked

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
neighbor got a new one like that.. come to find out no oil ring.

He later got a new one again and it worked fine until he hit a brick or stump or something.. bent the shaft and the thing cut funny and shook you to death.
I am using it now.
I told him take the blade off and fix the blade and whack the shaft with a big hammer until it is straight.

He is an office guy and did not think that was any good so he gave me the mower and I wacked it all straight after I had it for a month and decided to run it.

cyberslider

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is that the one that was in good condition, nothing wrong. But burned a quart of oil per mowing session?

I'm guessing it's the one he bought in December on an installment plan. When the final payment was made over a month later, no complaints were made. Fast forward 4 months later and probably around 100 hours later and now he's complaining.

Latest posts

Top Bottom