My bother's killer is having a parole hearing today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man that makes me angry. Life should be life. What a total load of crap. I hope who ever in your family is speaking has a golden tongue. Wow. That is such crap!

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not to be trite here, but...

They gotta have room for those enemies of society. Ya know, the druggies?

I can't believe someone who was convicted of murder is still alive. We need an express lane.

Ya I mean it really does amaze me that the law even allows a consideration of parole at 39 months for a murderer. There is something definitely wrong... but of course we already knew that.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I sympathise with you and your family. A terrible way to loose a family member.
I'm thinking the DA'S want the family to agree with what you did, to save trial time which equals cost savings for the county.....Its sad when money comes in front of justice. The DA gets a win for the next election, and you get the next meeting of the parole board that is looking to get people out to save the state money.....It shouldn't happen that way.

TKNO1015s

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just checked, they haven't posted the results of todays board meeting yet. Hope one of the family or at leat someone from the DA's office was there to speak against this dirtbag!

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know rapists who only got 10 years. I also know a man who got 20 years for "unauthorized use of a motor vehicle". The system is broken, that doesn't excuse those people from their crimes, but it is still broken.

Note: I'm a correctional officer, I don't PERSONALLY know this many felons.

EDIT: What did he do to get sent to OSR, or is he in the minimum security area?

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
39 months??? according the Doc, he's been in since '83....

agree though, Life is life.. no parole...

http://docapp065p.doc.state.ok.us/s...ORTAL30&doc_num=133073&offender_book_id=35145

Sorry that's probably my fault, I skipped over the 83 thing when I went on my rant about 39 months being too early to be eligible. I honestly thought the OP was saying this time was 39 months too but that was due to my not comprehending it fully.

Either way, 39 months was too early to consider it. I'm glad they haven't granted it and hope it worked out still as well.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Arley Duncan, DOC #133073, was placed on the Oklahoma Parole Docket the very first time after only serving 39 months of a LIFE sentence. Our family and friends were so outraged by this incident that we worked with the Oklahoma State legislature to create an additional punishment option of Life Without Parole. So now other families do not have to go through what we have gone through for the past 28 years.

This month is Arley Duncan's, DOC #133073, 7th time to be on the Parole Docket. He has already passed a Stage I hearing and this is a Stage II hearing. We will not hear the results of the parole board until the end of this week or mid next week.

If he passes Stage II, then his case is presented to Governor Fallin for her decision. Hopefully Governor Fallin will deny his parole. But even if Governor Fallin denies his parole, he will simply be on the parole docket again in three years.

Latest posts

Top Bottom