My CrossFit Addiction

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of the reasons crossfit is so effective for overall fitness and conditioning is that you don't focus on anything.

And you'd win a box of ammo from me. It isn't, but that isn't my point. I get no special incentive or extra pay for crushing our fitness test. Far superior results in what? What type of workouts you do is going to depend on what results you are looking for. I'm not going to go to a CF gym and hope I get so strong I can start powerlifting. That takes that type of workouts. A CF'er wouldn't go to a regular gym and start lifting mad heavy Olympic style and hope their box jumps improve. Can one help improve the other? Sure, everything helps, but you should focus on what you want. Like I told the other guy, what I like to do I can do at my gym for far less than $100 or more a month. It won't be worth it to me to add more expense a month just to do Crossfit maybe twice a week.

MFCEO

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I keep hearing this same statement over and over. Listen carefully.....it is worth every penny to get into a completely different level of conditioning. One month of Crossfit is equal to way more then 3 months of a regular gym.

I keep hearing this same statement over and over. Listen carefully.....it is worth every penny to get into a completely different level of conditioning. One month of Crossfit is equal to way more then 3 months of a regular gym.

I have several good friends that CF 3-4 times a week, in which I can go for free almost any day ifI wanted too.

I have probably been to CF 15 times in the last year, and all but 1 time I finished first in the WOD.

This is what I get from CF, it is almost a cult type following. which can be good and bad.

The bad is 99% of the CFitters you run across are not impressive physique or ability wise. They are not the Espn athletes you imagine when someone says crossfit. One Semi common thing is there's been a few females at every gym that'd look to be in incredible shape, but only a few. Now everyone has different goals and reasonings for going and maybe to be a specimen is not near the top of their priorities.

But it also seems a vast majority of Cfitters go just to say they Crossfit, expecting to gain something in doing so. Again that's not everyone, and theirs certainly a fair share that's the exact same by going to the gym.

The reason crossfit can work is the same reason BMT, or a personal trainer are usually a successful tool, there is someone there telling you when, where, how, and making you accountable.

A reason it don't work for most is, the coach is mediocre at best. Countless times during WOD's, I've witnessed others not doing a damn thing and the coach nor anyone else says a thing.

For this I believe the coach is the most important tool for any CF gym.I have only been to one gym where I felt the coach gave a crap, and knows the things he should.

tharper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of the reasons crossfit is so effective for overall fitness and conditioning is that you don't focus on anything.

It's like no one actually read my posts. I know what crossfit is about. People were doing it before it was called crossfit. I know why it's effective. What cfers don't understand is that if someone doesn't want to do their style of workouts, no measure of lingo or bravado is going to change their mind. Yet a few of you keep feeling the need to tell me what you know and I apparently don't. Cf just isn't my thing. Was that simple enough? Or does someone need to post a wod name and tell me how much more awesomer it is than anything I do?

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You really can finish first doing the WOD as Rx only going 15 times in a year? You're in seriously good shape.

I have several good friends that CF 3-4 times a week, in which I can go for free almost any day ifI wanted too.

I have probably been to CF 15 times in the last year, and all but 1 time I finished first in the WOD.

This is what I get from CF, it is almost a cult type following. which can be good and bad.

The bad is 99% of the CFitters you run across are not impressive physique or ability wise. They are not the Espn athletes you imagine when someone says crossfit. One Semi common thing is there's been a few females at every gym that'd look to be in incredible shape, but only a few. Now everyone has different goals and reasonings for going and maybe to be a specimen is not near the top of their priorities.

But it also seems a vast majority of Cfitters go just to say they Crossfit, expecting to gain something in doing so. Again that's not everyone, and theirs certainly a fair share that's the exact same by going to the gym.

The reason crossfit can work is the same reason BMT, or a personal trainer are usually a successful tool, there is someone there telling you when, where, how, and making you accountable.

A reason it don't work for most is, the coach is mediocre at best. Countless times during WOD's, I've witnessed others not doing a damn thing and the coach nor anyone else says a thing.

For this I believe the coach is the most important tool for any CF gym.I have only been to one gym where I felt the coach gave a crap, and knows the things he should.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I understand. I've done a lot of different work outs and it's the only program that doesn't leave anything out for me. There is nothing secret about crossfit, it's just a lot exercise and lifting programs rolled into one. It does work well though. What workout is best for you?

It's like no one actually read my posts. I know what crossfit is about. People were doing it before it was called crossfit. I know why it's effective. What cfers don't understand is that if someone doesn't want to do their style of workouts, no measure of lingo or bravado is going to change their mind. Yet a few of you keep feeling the need to tell me what you know and I apparently don't. Cf just isn't my thing. Was that simple enough? Or does someone need to post a wod name and tell me how much more awesomer it is than anything I do?

tharper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I understand. I've done a lot of different work outs and it's the only program that doesn't leave anything out for me. There is nothing secret about crossfit, it's just a lot exercise and lifting programs rolled into one. It does work well though. What workout is best for you?

Best? I don't know. I try a lot of different stuff just to see what I do and don't like. I write stuff down on the weekend and put something together for the week. I do a lot of reading throughout the week, time permitting, to try to understand why certain lifts or exercises may be more or less beneficial than another. It's more interesting and challenging to me to try to make my own path and see improvements. I try to take elements from all over and make something I enjoy.

MFCEO

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You really can finish first doing the WOD as Rx only going 15 times in a year? You're in seriously good shape.

I've kept myself in decent shape after getting out plus I play indoor soccer, softball, flag football, and mountain bike year round, and have a thought gym plan where I strength train most of the year, it seems to works for me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom