My injuries and future service dog

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Howdy.
First of all, I also wish to express my gratitude for your service to this nation. I sincerely hope you can meet your goal expeditiously.
I had every intention on contributing at least a little bit today (payday) to help you achieve such a worthy companion. Alas, my beloved German Shepherd died this morning. The very unexpected cremation cost has me tightened up pretty good for a minute. But I won't forget you. And, don't sweat the name...it'll come.

The reason I am posting this is because I wanted to encourage you to go for the retriever, if at all possible, as I've been following this thread. When I was much younger, my best friend and her faithful Golden named "Dusty" are who taught me how to be a better dog 'parent.' Man...that was a cool dog! I will never forget him. Please don't misconstrue or get it confused - I LOVE me some GSD's! The thing is, they generally don't have as good a track record when it comes to longevity or even general healthiness, in my limited experience. A dogs only fault, really, is their cruelly short life span. "Shaft" would have been only ten years old this Thanksgiving. He had health issues his entire life...poor thing. At least he suffers no more.
I took one look at him this morning and almost knew that he wasn't going to make it through the day. Petted him and talked to him and left for work, called vet, had an appointment at 10:45, came home at 10:00 and he was gone. Sucks. I am just glad that he went naturally and at his home.

I gotta sign off....I wish you and your family well.

I'm sorry for your loss. As far as longevity, I am sad to say that has been my experience also. Labs that I have had in the past have outlived the GSDs, on average, by almost 3 years.

ETA: fix typo ... :(

Last edited:

Goathead

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hang in there brother I took one for team in kunar 2010 , things have been hard for family and my self , keep your head up , I'll get you some cash on VA payday hang in there brother

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's truly amazing how OSA as a community can reach out to assist with such a worthy cause. Makes me proud to be both a veteran and a member. Glad to do what I can to help out Brother.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Now that they have the puppy, the next 3 OSA members that donate at least 75 dollars and can meet in the Tulsa area, I will give you a brick of CCI Blazer 22LR for your donation.

Post on this thread and send me a PM....

Thanks again for your service, James.

Latest posts

Top Bottom