My iPhone, what is happening?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BallisticGuy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been having problems since last night with loss of service and signal, it finally went into searching and then said no service. I decided to eject the micro sim and when I did I it suddenly got service again. I can call, text and surf the Internet without a sim card in my phone. How is this possible and now my iPhone 4s works with or without a sim card.

Please help me figure this out

And this is following a proper shutdown and remove of the sim card. The led flash also stays on and will no go off. I'm almost paronoid to the point of putting tape over the front/rear camera.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did you happen to put a new case on it? My wife got a new case and it killed her performance. Took the case off and it works great.

Not sure what's going on with your sim card though. If you are connected to wifi, you can still use the iPhone features such as iMessage and surf the net etc...

BallisticGuy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No wifi or anything, I had to add more info to the original post. No case or anything. This phone has a cracked back panel and has been in the hands our twin 19m old daughters. So the act is the limit on what this thing has really been through.

roachjuice

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like you dropped your phone quite a few times. I would figure it would be impossible to make a phone call (except 911) without a SIM card in it. Which iOS are you on? 6.1.2 fixed a lot of 4s problems.

Belthos

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One possibility is a defective cell tower in your area, your phone can lock onto the malfunctioning tower and will not seek another one. Turning your phone off for over 5 minutes can cause the tower to forget you and you may get another tower that works better.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One possibility is a defective cell tower in your area, your phone can lock onto the malfunctioning tower and will not seek another one. Turning your phone off for over 5 minutes can cause the tower to forget you and you may get another tower that works better.

Kind of this in a way.
My suggestion is to call customer service. Towers have problems with the Electronics. (I've been a commo guy in electronics since the 70's.)
The only way the companies know when to service the towers is when customers complain. They are not manned, or womened.
The more complaints against a tower the quicker the service.

BallisticGuy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good info, I can see the tower from our neighborhood, I've haven't updated my phone in well over a year, I don't want google maps to go away. I know, it's a personal thing. The led flash is just bugging me, called verizon and the phone is working great.

roachjuice

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good info, I can see the tower from our neighborhood, I've haven't updated my phone in well over a year, I don't want google maps to go away. I know, it's a personal thing. The led flash is just bugging me, called verizon and the phone is working great.

You can get google maps in the App Store for free... It's better IMO.

Latest posts

Top Bottom