My little buddy wants to say good morning!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just as I finished brushing my teeth this morning I feel something on the back of my ear lobe. Considering the wife sheds like a dog and I find her hair everywhere, I assumed it was one of her stray hairs tickling my ear. So I do the natural thing and I grab it. Well, instantly I realize I have something stuck between the pads of my thumb and forefinger and I recognize it's a bug (but in my mind I immediately think some sort of beetle), so I throw it in the sink. I look down and see this little scamp limping around.

[Broken External Image]

I believe he may be a brown recluse, and I'm pretty sure he is, but might also be a southern house spider, considering his legs aren't as dark as other fiddlebacks I've seen. But, his abdomen is round and plump like a fiddleback while the southern house spider has a more slender abdomen.

Either way, reports of confirmed fiddleback bites state that the victim rarely feels the bite at first, which I did not, and when bitten, they are rarely fatal. It's been over 2 hours and so far, so good, no random bruises, sore spots, red marks, etc, so in the random event he did bite me and the even more random event it's fatal, I wanted somebody to know that if anything happens to me, please let my mother know she can have all of my John Tesh albums.

Goodbye world!

JonN06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hate those mothereffing spiders! My pops got bit by one of those on his forearm back over the summer. He waited about two days before going to the doctor. He got pretty sick, lost feeling in his forearm, not to mention nearly his whole forearm turned black.

He's all good now, you can definitely still tell where he was bit though. If you start feeling any of the typical symptoms I'd try to get in to the doc ASAP.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kill it with fire!!! Recluses are about the only crawly things I have true hatred for. One got my wife in the shoulder and it bothered her for two years! Every time you kill one, satan looses a demon!

Latest posts

Top Bottom