My little buddy wants to say good morning!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well the thing that sucks is I have no idea where it came from. I had just gotten done listening to my afro-jangles mixtape, painting my pinky nail black and sharpening it to a point, throwing all my Zima Mist dead solders into the dryer, putting on a white t-shirt that I stole off the stranger laying in my bathtub, and rubber party pants from my closet. So I could be checking my banana for weird spots and lumps now.

But it's been over 6 hours and no signs of sore lumps, bumps, or humps, so we may have to chalk this fight up to yours truly.

Dude. Fixed it.

Seedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well the thing that sucks is I have no idea where it came from. I had just gotten dressed, putting on my jeans that came off the top of the dryer, putting on a white t-shirt that was folded up on my shelf in the closet, and a polo shirt hanging from the opposite side of my closet.

NUKE THE SITE FROM ORBIT! It's the only way to be sure.

...and yeah that's a fiddleback if I've ever seen one.

I had a similiar incident with a black widow in a robe one morning many years ago in California. I'll spare you the story, but I also spent an entire day checking everywhere for possible bites.

shooterdave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of my coworkers is currently undergoing hyperbaric therapy and has had several unsuccessful skin grafts due to a bite from one of those little bastards. He days there is a real chance he could lose his lower leg as a result. Evidently recluse necrosis and MSRA are not a good combination for a Diabetic...

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
YIKES ... **** ... **** ... M*****F*****!!!!!

I'll pray for ya!! Errrrr ... I can't stop shuddering ... Good God MAN!!! It was BEHIND YOUR EAR?!?!?!?!!? SHAT!!!!!!

We'd be getting estimates for a bathroom remodel if that had happened to me ... lol

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've been bitten three times, twice while in the US Army, an once while an LEO. I hate the little Ba$tards!!!!!!

Once on the tummy, once on the lower leg behind the knee, an last on the wrist.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interesting fact about fiddlebacks- some people are not sensitive to the venom, it has little effect on them. I got bit by one last year, had a small spot on my leg, it took a while to heal, but it didn't get bad like most people see. I had all the classic signs, but on a much smaller scale.

Chances are you didn't get bit. It most likely did not get a chance to sink it's fangs in ya', it would have been itching by now.

There are 3 spiders you have to watch our for in OK- Fiddleback, black widow and the brown widow. The brown is a cousin of the black widow. They look like a small widow but are brown and have a white hourglass and geometric pattern. Their venom just as bad as the black, but they can't inject as much of it, so the bite area is usually the only place affected. They are not nearly as aggressive. I have thousands of brown widows at my house in Stillwater.

Latest posts

Top Bottom