My New Chevy (compnany) pick up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I looked hard at a 2014 LTZ Z71. In the end the 2013 FX4 won out. I'm sure I would have had similar comments had I gone the Chevy route. There are certain design features I don't like about the Ford. However, it's kind of hard to knock on a truck that the company is paying for.

Some do.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Let me say, I have a good job, working for people I enjoy working around with some of the best hands in the oilfield. I make a lot of money and don't (and am not expected to) do a lot of real work. Yup, I get paid for what I know.

I recently got a 2014 Double Cab Silverado. I had to pay for mine, though.

Do you have the split bench front seat with the drop down console. If so, you might not be aware that when you fold the console into the up position, there is another storage unit under that middle seat, and it's pretty big; lockable, too. Maybe your trim level doesn't have it. As for storage, in general, I went from a Camaro to a Silverado. This Silverado has more storage room in the upper console that the Camaro had in total. So, I'm in hog heaven from a storage standpoint.

I'm a little confused about that small compartment in the dash and the "slot". Mine doesn't have the "slot" (& I'm really pissed about that), but the compartment is for pocket change. Pretty handy, if you ask me. Edit - I was so pissed about the lack of a "slot" in mine I just had to go check it out again. What you see is not a "slot". There is a rubber piece that acts as a bottom of the small compartment so your change won't rattle. That's what you see as a "slot".

I think the back seat is pretty typical of extended cabs. By the way, mine is split, which makes it handier. Wish I had gotten one of those underseat storage things. May have to shell out for one someday.

The change in the rear doors is the best thing since sliced bread. I hated the old suicide door arrangement.

With regard to the lower inside corner of the mirror being chopped off, try folding the mirror inward and note what would happen if inside corner weren't chopped off.

Can't comment on your MyLink problem, except to say it is smarter than me. If I ever get it all figured out, I think it will be very useful.

Early on, I'd say this is the best pickup I've ever owned. If it gets the advertised mileage (which I seriously doubt), I'll be a very happy camper. Actually, I am anyway.

But, I hear you. I don't think I ever got a company car that I was satisfied with, other than the fact that I didn't have to buy it, of course.

Last edited:

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's a great perk that I enjoy also. We get the Dodge 1500 quad cabs with fuel fleet card and all service paid for. They take about $100/month out of my check but that is cheap considering the massive amount of personal use/driving I do with it.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, when I got my first company car, and several others after, it was gratis all the way. What a deal. Then, the IRS, our watchful friend got involved. Man, did we *****, but we knew it was still a good deal.

I took very good car of my company cars and then, when replacement time came, I'd usually buy it at wholesale.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recently got a 2014 Double Cab Silverado. I had to pay for mine, though.

Do you have the split bench front seat with the drop down console. If so, you might not be aware that when you fold the console into the up position, there is another storage unit under that middle seat, and it's pretty big; lockable, too. Maybe your trim level doesn't have it. As for storage, in general, I went from a Camaro to a Silverado. This Silverado has more storage room in the upper console that the Camaro had in total. So, I'm in hog heaven from a storage standpoint.

I'm a little confused about that small compartment in the dash and the "slot". Mine doesn't have the "slot" (& I'm really pissed about that), but the compartment is for pocket change. Pretty handy, if you ask me. Edit - I was so pissed about the lack of a "slot" in mine I just had to go check it out again. What you see is not a "slot". There is a rubber piece that acts as a bottom of the small compartment so your change won't rattle. That's what you see as a "slot".

I think the back seat is pretty typical of extended cabs. By the way, mine is split, which makes it handier. Wish I had gotten one of those underseat storage things. May have to shell out for one someday.

The change in the rear doors is the best thing since sliced bread. I hated the old suicide door arrangement.

With regard to the lower inside corner of the mirror being chopped off, try folding the mirror inward and note what would happen if inside corner weren't chopped off.

Can't comment on your MyLink problem, except to say it is smarter than me. If I ever get it all figured out, I think it will be very useful.

Early on, I'd say this is the best pickup I've ever owned. If it gets the advertised mileage (which I seriously doubt), I'll be a very happy camper. Actually, I am anyway.

But, I hear you. I don't think I ever got a company car that I was satisfied with, other than the fact that I didn't have to buy it, of course.
Nope there actually is a slot about 2" below the compartment. I wish the bottom of my console opened and I would love to have the split rear seat.

Anyway. I was bitchy because my Christmas present didn't make it in, a Ruger SR 762. And the dealer did a pretty shoddy job of installing the phone booster, they ran the antenna cord out the back door. And they told me I had interior color options then I didn't.
But it's still free.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
www.automotiveaddicts.com_wp_content_uploads_2013_09_2014_Chevd964b4b832d844f76a875664a756bdd3.jpg

Note the "slot" right above the light switch. The compartment with the little rubber mat is up where the other stuff is above the slot. I think that may be the 4WD controls.
It looks like the same glove box and console setup I have too.
That looks like the same dash with a touch screen instead of the screen I have and maybe stereo controls on the steering wheel.

Last edited:

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Stick your ATM card in that slot. Maybe it gives money.

Mine's an Lt with 4WD. I'm pretty sure that accounts for the differences. At least you got the change compartment, unlike the one pictured.

Latest posts

Top Bottom