My political contributions this year are going to....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gaseous maximus

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
But we should care who gets elected in other states. Our Congressional legislators are all pro gun, but they cannot do it by themselves. Each one is just one vote in Congress. They need like minded legislators to vote with them to keep our rights free.

It is good to contribute to local politicians that you support, but they have no influence on our Second Amendment Rights.

Without the NRA, you probably would not even be able to get state permission to carry a firearm and due to the NRA, you can now purchase "assault weapons" because through their efforts, the ban was allowed to die.

They must be a for profit organization to be able to lobby for our gun rights. A non profit 501(c)3 organization is prohibited form being involved in politics. The Friends of NRA cannot and does not allow any political posturing at banquets. Politicians can attend but they cannot speak to the group or even wear their political shirts.

Too bad, so sad. Apparently you don't really like to own and carry firearms, because BO will be trying to stop that nonsense.
But gosh, just look what hes done for firearm sales. The man has practically single handedly rescued the firearms industry, without even a taxpayer, I mean goverment funded bailout. All this just on the strength of who he is.

b

Rabbitcreekok

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
But gosh, just look what hes done for firearm sales. The man has practically single handedly rescued the firearms industry, without even a taxpayer, I mean goverment funded bailout. All this just on the strength of who he is.

b

You are 100% right there. He has also made my carry classes pick up. And don't forget about the ammo manufacturers. The only thing he has accomplished and he can't even point at it and take credit.

jsl_pt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LightningCrash said:
The NRA-ILA is the org that does the lobbying. Donate to them. Donating to the NRA 'Club' isn't a direct path to what you want to accomplish.

I'll agree with this. I am a lifetime NRA member. They are not perfect but in recent times have shown their force and are the most listened to gun lobby. I am not thrilled with how they are head over heels for mittens! I do give to NRA-ILA and they have been involved in many important federal legal battles!

jsl_pt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does the NRA-ILA hound you for money, fill up your mailbox with junk or any of the other stuff the NRA does?
I never get hounded from either. Probably since I'm a member. However prior to that when membership had lapsed I only got lots of mail from NRA.

NRA-ILA sends out updates on legislation, etc. (primarily through email), and some correspondance regarding donations, but not mass mailings like the NRA does at times.

gaseous maximus

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I didn't realize it till this thread, but I guess it's been several years since I've gotten any requests for money from the NRA, and I'm a life member. I used to get several a month, but, that was back in the days when I used to contribute to them. I stopped when the "so called" instant check law took effect. In short it messed up my retirement plans and cost me bucks. Heck, maybe they think I'm dead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom