My sweet wife...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just a quick update for those interested...

My sweet wife has improved beyond belief since I brought her home last Monday.

I haven't give her any of the Risperidone (which is NOT approved for dementia in the elderly, btw) that they were using to keep her in a near catatonic state. The difference is amazing.

She is now feeding herself finger food again, can drink from a glass unassisted, and can stand (with assistance) long enough for us to put briefs on her for daytime use.

And the girl (lol, "girl?" - she's in her 30s) that is working for us is so sweet and kind to her.

I do realize Sweetie won't fully recover unless God intervenes, but her quality of life has to be much better than it was.

She still has outbursts from time to time, but when she's her old sweet self, my heart just overflows with happiness to have her home again.

Many thanks to all for the prayers and well-wishes.

Color me happy. :)

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Just a quick update for those interested...

My sweet wife has improved beyond belief since I brought her home last Monday.

I haven't give her any of the Risperidone (which is NOT approved for dementia in the elderly, btw) that they were using to keep her in a near catatonic state. The difference is amazing.

She is now feeding herself finger food again, can drink from a glass unassisted, and can stand (with assistance) long enough for us to put briefs on her for daytime use.

And the girl (lol, "girl?" - she's in her 30s) that is working for us is so sweet and kind to her.

I do realize Sweetie won't fully recover unless God intervenes, but her quality of life has to be much better than it was.

She still has outbursts from time to time, but when she's her old sweet self, my heart just overflows with happiness to have her home again.

Many thanks to all for the prayers and well-wishes.

Color me happy. :)

Good to hear Mac, best news I've heard all day :)

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
13CFF65B-AD1F-494A-8BD1-FC60901338F6.jpeg

Now you’re colored happy! So glad to hear things are better for you two, Mac.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The "homes" keep patients sedated and they are not themselves (It's easier for the help) and you've found out Mac that she is better off at home with you in many ways. I'm glad for both you and her that you have her home with you. May God comfort both of you and make the following time ahead happy and joyful.

Latest posts

Top Bottom