My wife killed her first buck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huntemup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glad she’s ok.
Sucks that with little more than plastic and more plastic between you and a wayward deer, cars today don’t stand much chance of surviving a collision with our hoofed friends.
Remember when a bumper was actually there to protect the car.

But again, important thing is that shes ok.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No pic of the buck? How big was it?
I was gonna take one and the cop started asking me questions when I got there and by the time he was done I was so focused on comforting my wife I forgot to go back over there and take one. It was a pretty good size buck. About a 6 point. Had a nice thick body. He had some internal stomach damage or I would have taken him. I am just thankful she is ok and that the deer wasn’t head on. Would have been much worse. Thanks for all y’alls thoughts.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hate deer. They'll sit in one spot then decide to jump in front of you or start crossing the road then stop and stare. I'm glad your wife is all right and the buck got relieved of life. Too many stories of the deer just running off after the hit and breeding more stupid deer.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Better the deer and car than your wife, i'm glad she's OK. I've heard of folks being seriously injured in these incidents.

Back home, everyone had to put a special grill on their car to stop deer from basically being ejected into the windshield.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Terrible news just glad the wife is ok.
A lot of these newer cars look really bad after a front end collision. but fenders, hoods, core supports, headlights and some pulling with a chain will have them back looking like new.
Yours does not look all that bad really.
If you do the work yourself it usually does not cost much.

But most people with nice new cars have insurance that covers these things.
I have never had anything but liability and uninsured motorist coverage. Many of my cars looked like yours when i brought them home.
But they were old iron from the 1940's to the 1970's

Latest posts

Top Bottom