NBC Admitted: No ‘Assault Rifle’ Used in Newtown Shooting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did anyone really expect them to release all the facts? Is that how they've operated up to now? They will probably be uncovering stuff from this administration for 100 years that they buried.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When using an AR-15 gives the opposition more fuel to the fire it means something.
Wouldn't it also be meaningful if those kids had been killed with a shotgun?
Uhhh... lets ban the more dangerous assault rifle, but while we're at it, lets ban the less dangerous shotgun.
I mean, if those kids were murdered with the less dangerous weapon, why not ban it first? Then everything else would just fall into place.

MadMonkey

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think what the point is, is that if the government is trying to use this for their agenda to ban ar's then they have failed if the crimes were commited with handguns. We all know that a handgun ban would certainly not pass in the house and probably not in the senate either.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It would be even more meaningful if we knew who the other man who was arrested is, what he knows, and where he went. It would be more meaningful if they'd get their stories straight. And it is more meaningful when someone happens to randomly attack a classroom full of children, seeing how a shooting in Colorado didn't sway public opinion enough for a serious shot at gun control, and a Sikh temple shooting in Wisconsin didn't sway public opinion enough for a serious shot at gun control either.

Even after "Fast and Furious" and the Benghazi debacle, people still believe this administration is above board.

cmhbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Again: WHY ARE WE TRUSTING THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA IN THIS WHEN WE GO ON AND ON ABOUT HOW THEY HAVE AN AGENDA AND ARE BIASED?

Seriously. When is the last time any of you really trusted the MSM about something? And you're suddenly trusting them on this? Glocktogo made reference to a memo in another one of these thread. Has everyone forgotten that?

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Again: WHY ARE WE TRUSTING THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA IN THIS WHEN WE GO ON AND ON ABOUT HOW THEY HAVE AN AGENDA AND ARE BIASED?

Seriously. When is the last time any of you really trusted the MSM about something? And you're suddenly trusting them on this? Glocktogo made reference to a memo in another one of these thread. Has everyone forgotten that?

Thank you!

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm not sure what people are trying to prove with the idea that a semi-automatic rifle wasn't used in these murders.
If that evil bastard used only handguns or a shot gun, does that help anybody's feelings any? Those kids are still dead.
Should the cretins ban pistols and shotguns instead of "assault rifles"?
Serious question.

What are you trying to prove?

When POTUS and other politicians use the Sandy Hook tragedy as a platform to "curb violence". Then they come out an ban a weapon that was not even used in the tragedy. What it proves is that the banning "assault rifles" will have not an affect on situations like Sandy Hook. You said it yourself!
Should the cretins ban pistols and shotguns instead of "assault rifles"?
It makes no sense to ban a type of weapon that was not used in this tragedy, if you are using this as your platform for gun control.

Its the liberal way. "Banning assault rifles will fix our gun problem". In NYC the liberals think we're to fat and limit the size of Coke you can have. Meanwhile you hammer down a Big Mac and supersize fries.

cvrx4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What bothers me is it seems like less information is getting out as more and more of these tragedies are happening. I remember after Columbine the news had "re enactments" based on eyewitness accounts. I have not seen anything like this starting with the shooting in Aurora. It seems like less and less is being reported each time something happens. I notice this and I dont really even watch the news.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I read a quote that day from the Newtown police saying that only handguns were recovered from inside the school. Now, I didn't see the officer say it in a video, so...

And does that look like a shotgun in the video to anyone else?

Why yes. Yes it does. I've never seen an AR with a charging handle on the right. On the left? Yes, but not the right. Also the cartridge looked awfully big for a .223 round.

Latest posts

Top Bottom