NBC Admitted: No ‘Assault Rifle’ Used in Newtown Shooting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.ctpost.com/policereports/article/Sandy-Hook-affidavits-remain-sealed-4150259.php

The reason nothing is coming out is that a judge conveniently sealed all affidavits for an initial 14 days and then a subsequent 90 days. Guess what 90 days gives congress time to do?

The gun pulled from the trunk looks like either a Saiga of some sort or a Keltec/hi-point/Beretta carbine to me personally. Side-charging bolt with a shell that ejects from the right side (the shell looked big - like a shotgun shell). The article I referenced does say that police reported 4 weapons on scene (and if one was that shotgun/carbine or whatever was pulled from the trunk, then the ME could still be right and an AR could have been used inside along with 2 handguns and NBC could be wrong).

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I'd be willing to bet that anyone in this forum would be a little Off after cutting open 20 children to see what killed them.

Maybe so, but if your job entails doing autopsies all day, everyday, I would expect you to know the facts and have your thoughts together before giving a news conference.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wouldn't it also be meaningful if those kids had been killed with a shotgun?
Uhhh... lets ban the more dangerous assault rifle, but while we're at it, lets ban the less dangerous shotgun.
I mean, if those kids were murdered with the less dangerous weapon, why not ban it first? Then everything else would just fall into place.
Gun control is pushed by fear. He has learned from the communist before him. Gradualism is what works.
1st. We will ban all of those scary assault rifles, because it is an easy target.
2nd. Years later we will go after the semi-auto hand guns. "Do you really need a semi-auto hand gun that can fire 10 boolits in a few seconds."
3rd. Years later we go after those high power sniper "deer" rifles. "No man needs a rifle capable of killing a man from miles away."
4th. Now that all you have is you revolvers and shotguns....... We will just take those. "We still have assault rifles."

cmhbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe so, but if your job entails doing autopsies all day, everyday, I would expect you to know the facts and have your thoughts together before giving a news conference.
There's a HUGE difference between doing a couple of autopsies a week and doing 20 kids in a few days. I worked around the funeral industry for 7 years. When it's a kid, everything changes. When it's a young kid, it changes a lot. When it's 20 young kids, where you might well know more than one of the families, all bets are off.

itzkwik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Think what you will but if that doesn't have an effect on an individual then something is wrong with them.
There's no way in hell I would even think about judging his actions after what he has seen, I feel even more sympathetic towards the officers and responding parties, we cant even begin to begin thinking about what it is like to see a scene like that.

cmhbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What bothers me is it seems like less information is getting out as more and more of these tragedies are happening. I remember after Columbine the news had "re enactments" based on eyewitness accounts. I have not seen anything like this starting with the shooting in Aurora. It seems like less and less is being reported each time something happens. I notice this and I dont really even watch the news.
And yet, haven't some of us suggested that MSM impose limits on the coverage of incidents like this, to help cut down on copycats, etc?

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
There's a HUGE difference between doing a couple of autopsies a week and doing 20 kids in a few days. I worked around the funeral industry for 7 years. When it's a kid, everything changes. When it's a young kid, it changes a lot. When it's 20 young kids, where you might well know more than one of the families, all bets are off.

I as well as everyone else understands that.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not sure what people are trying to prove with the idea that a semi-automatic rifle wasn't used in these murders.
If that evil bastard used only handguns or a shot gun, does that help anybody's feelings any? Those kids are still dead.
Should the cretins ban pistols and shotguns instead of "assault rifles"?
Serious question.

What are you trying to prove?

No one anywhere, no one at all, is arguing that the killing of the children wasn't horrible - so let's drop that line of discussion.
However, what has very obviously and demonstrably happened is that since, we were told, the weapon of choice in Newtown was an "assault rifle" it has gained a special stigma and has become the focus for a wedge into gun control. Right now the antis are getting a whole lot more traction out of the "we just want to ban assault rifles, not guns in general" argument than they otherwise would be able to gain with a simple "ban guns" argument.

Likewise, no one here at least is arguing for banning handguns or shotguns, rather the argument is that the weapon is more or less immaterial and really could have been easily replaced. It is the crime and the criminal that matter and that telling law-abiding citizens that they cannot own something because somewhere, sometime a criminal may use it for ill purposes is a silly argument made worse by the fact that the right to possess weapons is a specifically enumerated and protected right.
At least, that's my take.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Really???? NBC????? Is anyone really taking that story seriously?

And, who in the world is "Independent Journal Review?"

The day of the shooting, I was in the vicinity of a radio all day long and the news stories kept changing.

1. They couldn't get straight on who the shooter was.
2. They reported that Lanza's mother was a teacher in the school.
3. They reported that she was killed in the school.
4. They reported that his dad in New Jersey had been killed.
5. They reported that other family members in New Jersey were missing.
6. They reported the wrong name, confusing his brother for him.
7. They reported that the individual in handcuffs caught in the woods was his brother.

These two videos even seem contradictory. If I remember right, the shooting occurred in the morning, yet it is dark outside when they find the long gun in the trunk of the car. Is anyone going to tell me it took the police all day to find the time to search that vehicle? The second video speaks of Lanza's mother being a teacher and that he went into her class and started shooting.

For the life of me, I can't figure out how people want to glom onto every conspiracy theory that comes down the pike. I think that there were at least 3 postings on the OSA forums about the Alex Jones/InfoWars video about "all the facts." And, Jones is one of those that STILL thinks that the World Trade Center buildings were brought down by the government.

I suspect that the same folks that believe all this crap will pay out the nose for anything that expels bullets.

Get a life, folks. Just because it is on the internet.......

Latest posts

Top Bottom