NEACP 747 over Tulsa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Pretty sure they are looking for Reddog.

Pretty cool plane, circling really low. Calibrating equipment with the tower maybe? Seems like I see it once or twice a year.

tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_15_02_05_ca7580f40ae1f076ee60876ffa956c74.jpg

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It hit's the pattern for about 15-20 min in Tulsa every few weeks. My old office was at 4000 N Mingo and it was always cool to see.

mksmth

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
last time i remember it coming here it flew right over our office at 11th and 169. its was really low. I heard it just practices landing here and other cities in case there was ever a need for it.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So that's what I saw twice outside my window about an hour ago! The second time I saw it making an approach to the airport, I thought to myself: "That's funny, I could swear I saw that same plane just a little bit ago..."

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
TUL is centrally located, fairly uncongested and doesn't have any special flight restrictions to be concerned with. More importantly, it has every available approach type (ILS, RNAV, VOR/TACAN, etc.). Each pass they make is on a different approach type for pilot currency.

We get a lot of transient traffic making low passes as a result. Yesterday it was a USAF C-21 Lear.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think I saw that coming in when I was headed south on Memorial from Admiral when I was headed to the office from lunch. I noticed it was a little larger than the usual stuff but I saw it head-on so I couldn't see any markings.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The guys who fly the mil jets like Awacs and NEACP spend lots more time boring holes in the air than they do taking off and landing. Crews always complain after returning from a deployment that they have to stay aboard while the flight crew catches up on the mandatory number of take offs and landings for the hours flown. They usually spend several hours doing touch and goes or low flights over the runway.

Latest posts

Top Bottom