Neckbeard

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It started in computers in the 60s and 70s when a lot of the programmers, etc had beards and some had neck beards so a stereotype happened.

in the internet age, you would be arguing with keyboard jockeys, on insert any subject here, who prob had no actual experience or real skill in the subject. As most the first internet users were academics and com sci people (neckbeards). So some people imagine the other person or people the are dealing with is a neck beard. In the gun forum world, there are a lot of keyboard jockeys “experts” that can’t do what the profess to be an expert in.

Last edited:

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It started in computers in the 60s and 70s when a lot of the programmers, etc had beards and some had neck beards so a stereotype happened.

in the internet age, you would be arguing with keyboard jockeys, on insert any subject here, who prob had no actual experience or real skill in the subject. As most the first internet useres were academics and com sci people (neckbeards). So some people imagine the other person or people the are dealing with is a neck beard. In the gun forum world, there are a lot of keyboard jockeys “experts” that can’t do what the profess to be an expert in.
Bolded part ought to be the 11th Commandment of the New Revised 21st Century Bible.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I worked with a guy years ago that LITERALLY fit the phrase.

He shaved his face, but not his neck (said it irritated too much). He had a heavy curly beard, and it made him look a lot like a monkey.

I never saw his "neck beard" over about 1/2" long.
:drunk2:

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, so I have seen this term thrown around here alot the last couple of years. My question is, what the hell does it mean to you guys and where exactly did it come from?
It's this guy.
so-i-hear-your-looking-for-some-ammo.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom