Need a little guidance on shotgun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffT

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just looked at one of these that had an ATI adjustable buttstock. https://www.kygunco.com/Product/View?ItemNo=41023

I’ve never seen one with the adjustable stock, mine has a wood, youth stock. If the adjustable is lighter it might translate into more felt recoil, simply because if the lack of weight to absorb some of it.

Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly, Shoot Well, Leave the Rest to God.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve never seen one with the adjustable stock, mine has a wood, youth stock. If the adjustable is lighter it might translate into more felt recoil, simply because if the lack of weight to absorb some of it.

Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly, Shoot Well, Leave the Rest to God.
The adjustable actually weighs .3 pounds more than the youth wood

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is this an older one or does Remington still make it with quality in mind?
Its a 60's model that I bought a few years back from an elderly gentleman that bought it new for a bird hunt, got into an accident that didn't allow long walks anymore before the hunt, so it stayed in his closet with the TG&Y tags still on the trigger guard unfired.
Oiled it up annually. The walnut is absolutely beautiful. Looks like burl. I gladly gave him his asking price of $400 for it.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Right now I'm suffering from a little "snooze ya lose". I watched a Remington 1100 20ga with reloader and more on Armslist for a couple days for $500. It's gone. Oh well, pow pow on to the next one I guess.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Decent price with a reloader included. Lee shotshell loader?
I've found that a lot of the 1100 issues are operator induced.
They take it apart to clean and put the gas ring in upside down, and then replace the o-ring with a buna rubber ring that can't take the heat.
The factory O-rings and replacements from Remington back in the day were Viton rubber. They are designed to take heat and chemicals that are used in cleaning guns. Some of the Nitrile buna o'rings available at hardware and automotive stores would swell with gun solvents.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom