Need advice from the flashlight experts!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well that sounds perfect. So there isn't one that switches like that one with a pocket clip?

You could go with a 4Sevens Preon 1 or 2. They both have the pocket clip...of course, they cost just a few dollars more too. ;)

i243.photobucket.com_albums_ff97_selfbuilt_Preon_10.jpg

http://www.4sevens.com/index.php?cPath=297_332

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That Fenix only runs for 8.5 hours on low. You won't find a single AA light that runs for 24 hours... needs to be a 2xAA.

EDIT: Well shut my mouth, that LD10 you asked about is a single AA and it boasts 70 hours on low. I guess they've really improved technology! I read the Amazon reviews on it though and it seems unreliable and the output mode sounds different and tricky.

That Klarus looks like it has what you want too... not familiar with those though.

I know Surefire quality is great and the one I linked to above does everything you want. It's $140 though...

Good luck.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you didn't have to have the tail switch, I'd consider a Zebralight SC51. I EDC the Zebralight SC31 (smaller CR123A version) because it's only 2.6" and 220 lumens.

I don't own that Klarus model, but I have their new XT11 that was just released. It's a very quality piece. I'd put it's quality over some of the other bigger, more popular brands I have. The holster is pretty generic though.

I also have one similar to this on order (the PC10 - CR123A version). It looks like it would fit what you want but it's $9 over budget (only ~$2 after the discount).
http://goinggear.com/flashlights/fl...l-aa-14500-650-lumen-tactical-flashlight.html

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not sure, I've never owned one.

Type in "Fenix LD10" at Youtube and you should get several reviews and demos.

Good light. I've owned one.

That Fenix only runs for 8.5 hours on low. You won't find a single AA light that runs for 24 hours... needs to be a 2xAA.

EDIT: Well shut my mouth, that LD10 you asked about is a single AA and it boasts 70 hours on low. I guess they've really improved technology! I read the Amazon reviews on it though and it seems unreliable and the output mode sounds different and tricky.

That Klarus looks like it has what you want too... not familiar with those though.

I know Surefire quality is great and the one I linked to above does everything you want. It's $140 though...

Good luck.

I highly recommend the LD10. About $60 or so online with the pocket clip, takes one AA battery and is bright as HELL. Very well-built light, durable, long-lasting on saver mode - I needa get me another one, since I lost that one. You switch between high and low mode by the tailswitch. Also has an SOS beacon if you want to use that. It's pretty confusing to figure out the sequence of clicks or taps it takes to cycle through the modes on the tailswitch... prolly took me all of 60 seconds. ;) This is why I take Amazon reviews with a grain of salt... not sure who all writes them or what their level of everyday competency is, but if they posted bad reviews about the LD10, I'd say I'd like to remove every review that person did on the site. Just MNSHO.

I really can't recommend it enough.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I highly recommend the LD10. About $60 or so online with the pocket clip, takes one AA battery and is bright as HELL. Very well-built light, durable, long-lasting on saver mode - I needa get me another one, since I lost that one. You switch between high and low mode by the tailswitch. Also has an SOS beacon if you want to use that. It's pretty confusing to figure out the sequence of clicks or taps it takes to cycle through the modes on the tailswitch... prolly took me all of 60 seconds. ;) This is why I take Amazon reviews with a grain of salt... not sure who all writes them or what their level of everyday competency is, but if they posted bad reviews about the LD10, I'd say I'd like to remove every review that person did on the site. Just MNSHO.

Cool! Good to know... I really like the looks of that LD10!

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

My LD10 kept me from getting mugged in St Louis. I posted the story here a year or two ago. I have one that I carry on my briefcase wherever I go. It is my EDC, but am thinking I will get an E11 for my keychain too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom