Need advice from the flashlight experts!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I need a good flashlight. I've researched and the options are a little overwhelming. There are a few features that are a must. Here they are:

Takes 1 or 2 AA batteries
Has a low and high output
low output runs for a long time - over 24 hours
High output has at least 80 lumens

I want to turn it on and off with a tail cap switch and I don't want to have to shuffle through the other modes to get to the low output mode. Every time I hit the tailcap switch I want it to be on the low output mode. IF I decide I need high output which will be rare, I would like to hit another button or turn the bezel or something. I just want to be able to use low output mode without messing with anything else daily.

Can you guys recommend a flashlight with these features for under $60?

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You need a Fenix E11.

www.edenwebshops.co.uk_productimages_photogallery_photos_fenix_fee11_d1.jpg

http://fenixtactical.com/fenix-e11.html

It's a single AA light, has a tailcap switch, the high is 105 lumens while the low is 32 lumens and it costs less than 30 bucks.

I had one once upon a time. It was an awesome little torch, I'm just trying to consolidate all my lights to CR123...except for the Fenix E05 I carry on my keychain. It's AAA powered.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That looks good. How do you switch between low and high output? Is there one with those features that has a pocket clip?

No, no pocket clip. To switch between the high and low, you just turn the bezel. And what's cool is you can set it for whichever you want up first. Meaning, if you want it on low, just turn the bezel and every time you hit the switch, it'll be on low. Same thing with the high. If you want it on high each and every time you turn it on, leave the bezel turned towards the high mode.

You can also switch between the two modes while it's on too.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glock em down, do you know if they Fenix LD10 works the same way as the E11? Where you can leave it on low output and use the tailcap switch for on and off?

Latest posts

Top Bottom