Need advice ..... prayers, please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snipes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm with Ridge.
Unless it has to do with kids or hurting someone I'm out and letting the proper authorities do their job.

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death

Ten bears makes a damn good point right here. Depends on what the shithead is in trouble for .

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I say stay out of it. His problems are between him the law. Screw the bail bondsman, they're almost worst than the criminals. You're under no legal obligation to tell anyone anything.

Amen and amen. Good advise. Let him take possession of his own actions. Your involvement could damage your relationship for a very long time. Unless very serious crime is at stake he will get through it without you and benefit.

OKSpeedDemon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with some on turning him in if your mom put up the bond. If your going to turn him I wouldn't call the bail bondsman, call the police. I would never expect a mother to turn in her son/daughter to spend time in prison or jail unless they're a complete dirt bag.

I would tell him he probably needs to turn himself in. It will follow him around until it's taken care of it's better to take care of it now then later. If it's something like a traffic warrant and he's not in their jurisdiction they may just tell him to take care of it and not even take him to jail.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Really? Without bail bondsman, every one would just sit in jail and clog up the jails until their court dates. Weeks, months, years. Screw them? Go for it, you'll never get another bond written again then. Bondsmen provide a service, for a fee, they do not lose any money unless the person they wrote the surety bond on doesnt show for court, and then its usually the surety or insurance company who writes their bonds who loses the money, unless the bondsman is the owner and alot arent then theyre usually just employees who dont have any financial interest at all in the business. But if its a big one then its on them and their jobs on the line to get their people back and in front of the court. The family, wife or whoever helped get the person bonded out- if its a big bond then it didnt get written without collateral- theyre the ones who get screwed, they will lose all of that collateral. Its likely that a large percentage of the people who are helping bond people out of jails are not rich and cant afford to lose their stuff.

Actually, it has been proven that the bail system makes things worse for the poor. Write a check, it bounces, you don't ever get it taken care of because you have rent and kids to feed. It comes down with a warrant and a $500-1000 bond (that is not unreasonable, Payne County is brutal on hot checks). If you can't make that bond, you sit in jail for several days, lose your job, lose your ability to pay for rent, lose your car, etc. Several cities across the US have switched to a proactive system where non-violent crimes are no-bond. Instead, they have several people that call you to remind you of your court date, interview you for assistance, etc. If your crime is bad enough or they think you are more of a risk, you wear an ankle bracelet. It has proven to be much more effective and the people can pay their restitutions and fines without clogging up the jails and finding themselves in a worse situation.

I am not defending criminals, but we all make mistakes. I got a speeding ticket when I was 18. I mailed in my money order, but somewhere along the way, it never got there. I found out one night when my car wouldn't start and a deputy came to help me. Of course he runs my license, not sure he had the right to do that, but he did it. Boom- warrant, chrome bracelets, one-way ticket to county. It was a Sunday. I had $74 dollars to my name, I was living in my car. The bond was $100, same as the fine on the ticket. No bondsman is going to file paperwork for a $10 bill. I spent 12 hours in jail until finally one bondsman who had somebody else to bond out took care of me. Cost me that $74, but I didn't have to spend the night in the worst county lock up in the state (Pueblo, Colorado).

The bond system doesn't really work, and it has created a bondsman network that is essentially above the law. Way too many people have been killed by bondsman "in the line of duty"

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually, it has been proven that the bail system makes things worse for the poor. Write a check, it bounces, you don't ever get it taken care of because you have rent and kids to feed. It comes down with a warrant and a $500-1000 bond (that is not unreasonable, Payne County is brutal on hot checks). If you can't make that bond, you sit in jail for several days, lose your job, lose your ability to pay for rent, lose your car, etc. Several cities across the US have switched to a proactive system where non-violent crimes are no-bond. Instead, they have several people that call you to remind you of your court date, interview you for assistance, etc. If your crime is bad enough or they think you are more of a risk, you wear an ankle bracelet. It has proven to be much more effective and the people can pay their restitutions and fines without clogging up the jails and finding themselves in a worse situation.

I am not defending criminals, but we all make mistakes. I got a speeding ticket when I was 18. I mailed in my money order, but somewhere along the way, it never got there. I found out one night when my car wouldn't start and a deputy came to help me. Of course he runs my license, not sure he had the right to do that, but he did it. Boom- warrant, chrome bracelets, one-way ticket to county. It was a Sunday. I had $74 dollars to my name, I was living in my car. The bond was $100, same as the fine on the ticket. No bondsman is going to file paperwork for a $10 bill. I spent 12 hours in jail until finally one bondsman who had somebody else to bond out took care of me. Cost me that $74, but I didn't have to spend the night in the worst county lock up in the state (Pueblo, Colorado).

The bond system doesn't really work, and it has created a bondsman network that is essentially above the law. Way too many people have been killed by bondsman "in the line of duty"

Im currently working to get into this business and am seeing it for myself from the inside and it is nothing like I thought it was having never had to get bailed out of jail once in 46 years. I wont disagree that there are flaws to the bail bond system, but there are flaws to any system dealing with people and money, reality is its what we have and we have to work with it best we can, its totally unrealistic to think it will change any time soon, because its not. Im working into a family run business that has been in business in a small town in the largest county in the state since the 1950s. Things seem to go alot smoother and slower there and no way do they think theyre above the law. You cant believe the stories Ive heard of how much these people have done for their clients over the years, like I said small town so every one knows each other ands things are different there than in the metropolis Im sure. Unless a bondsman is a one man operation and writes a large bond himself, which most dont because most of the large bonds are written thru surety insurance companies, then theyre the ones who release the dogs on the bail jumpers, not the bondsman who wrote it unless like I said he has a financial interest on the line because of the jumper. Hell, if I had to pay the court 20K on a forfeited bond out of my own pocket then I would go after the guy myself. Most people you deal with when obtaining a bond are just employees of the company.

Latest posts

Top Bottom