Need fishing help - where to fish in the metro area, with no boat.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
What are you catching at dahlgren and what are you using?

i used to tube fish dahlgren yaers ago. we caught some nice bass in there. i caught the biggest crappie i've ever seen there also. there is also smith lake on the lexington map. its not much of a lake at all, just a big pond. i have caught many smaller bass in the dead of winter on smith pond.

IIRC,as you come in the main road, bout halfway down the road,there is a pond down low on your right side that has a lot of dead timber in it. my BIL caught a 7 pounder out of there.

Weatherby

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The north end of Hefner is good for sandbass and walleye when the wind is from the south.
This time of year the crappie fishing is pretty good on the fishing dock at Arcadia.

Schuster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Off of Sooner and ?SE 119th? there is Kitchens Lake and it isn't too bad of fishing this time of year. Also you might look into getting into tube fishing. I fish in a mini boat and tube club and tube fishing gives you easy access to a lot of water that boats can't access. It is pretty cheap to get started, probably about the same price as a tank of gas nowadays. I saw a few on Craigslist a few days ago. My last one I got was an Outdoor Pride (they are out of Yukon) at a pawn shop for $50 and it looks brand new.

Latest posts

Top Bottom