Need help with dogs digging

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've always been a huge fan of GC's thought process. ;)

LOL ... I gotta tell you the little old man I bought this house from apparently never saw a concrete truck he didn't like ... the entire backyard is surrounded by a concrete walkway. God help me if one of the fence posts ever break off because there will be no replacing it without tearing out a section of concrete first.

And there are two giant concrete pads ... Just how many patios does a 1000 square foot house need anyway?? I thought briefly about having the big one (the one not attached to the house) taken out but it is like 4 inches thick. And 25 x 25 IIRC. GAWD I get tired just thinking about it. On the bright side ... mowing the backyard is a SNAP! haha

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LOL ... I gotta tell you the little old man I bought this house from apparently never saw a concrete truck he didn't like ... the entire backyard is surrounded by a concrete walkway. God help me if one of the fence posts ever break off because there will be no replacing it without tearing out a section of concrete first.

And there are two giant concrete pads ... Just how many patios does a 1000 square foot house need anyway?? I thought briefly about having the big one (the one not attached to the house) taken out but it is like 4 inches thick. And 25 x 25 IIRC. GAWD I get tired just thinking about it. On the bright side ... mowing the backyard is a SNAP! haha

Reminds me of a neighbor down the street. He works for a concrete company and has a large oval drive in front. His backyard is almost all concrete also. lmao.

Kozmos

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have 2 adopted Standard Poodles. The first we've had for over a year now and has never dug anything, even when left outside all day (seldom to never). The newest was a foster failure we've had for ~6 weeks now. The first time she dug was under a fence about 6' long and 2' on each side of the fence, the second was around a post on the patio and the 3rd was under a gate (huge hole on both sides). 2 of the times she was only out for 20 minutes and had just gone on a 6 mile run with my wife (eliminating the exercise factor). I think she has an overactive nose and smelled a rabbit trail (I know, my fault...time to bring out the 10/22 and Super Colibris). I also think she may have a little separation anxiety. It's tough right now because I can't trust her outside with the fear of her digging under the fence and running away. She was allowed to run free a lot in her former life so I don't think she's trying to escape to run away but I don't like the thought of dogs running free in a city and near major roads. She'll stop if I catch her in a heavy smelling session like she's getting ready to dig but I can't always count on catching her. I spread cayenne pepper around the fence one day but I think she liked it even more!

Latest posts

Top Bottom