Need ID to make change at a bank...but not to vote

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just don't try using your CCW card. Midfirst and Tinker Credit Union do not recognize them as a State Issued ID.
I never try to use my CCW for ID cause i dont want anyone to know that i have it or that i might be carrying only 2 people needs to know i have it myself and the LE if i get pulled over and im carrying which if im in one of my trucks or any other vehicle then its qaranteed im carrying which really there is only 2 times im not and that is when im bathing or sleeping but have something within arms reach either time.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know about you, but I have to show my ID to vote.
If you're in Oklahoma you don't.
Oklahoma law says EITHER a valid ID or a voting card must be produced. If not, a provisional ballot can be cast.

There are three ways to prove your identity.

PHOTO IDENTIFICATION​

A document used for proof of identity for voting must have been issued by the United States government, the State of Oklahoma, or a federally recognized tribal government.
The law requires a document used for proof of identity for voting to contain the following information:
  • The name of the person to whom it was issued
  • A photograph of the person to whom it was issued
  • An expiration date that is after the date of the election, unless the identification is valid indefinitely
The law requires the voter's name on the proof of identity document to "substantially conform" to the voter's name in the Precinct Registry. In other words, your name on your proof of identity must match your name in the Precinct Registry.

COUNTY ELECTION BOARD VOTER IDENTIFICATION CARD​

In addition, voters may use the free voter identification card they received by mail from the County Election Board when they registered to vote. The law allows use of the voter identification card even though it does not include a photograph.

AFFIDAVIT WITH PROVISIONAL BALLOT​

If you do not have or if you refuse to show proof of identity, you may vote by provisional ballot and prove your identity by signing a sworn affidavit.
Provisional ballots are sealed inside special envelopes and are not put through the voting device. After election day, County Election Board officials will investigate the information provided by the voter on the affidavit and either will approve the provisional ballot for counting or will reject it based on the outcome of that investigation.
A provisional ballot cast by a voter who declines or is unable to produce proof of identity shall only be considered verified and approved for counting if:
  • The voter's name on the affidavit substantially conforms to the voter's name in the voter registration database.
  • The voter's residence address on the affidavit substantially conforms to the voter's residence address in the voter registration database.
  • The voter's date of birth matches the information in the voter registration database.
  • The voter's Oklahoma driver license number or the last four digits of the voter's Social Security number on the affidavit matches the information in the voter registration database. (This provision does not apply if the voter was not required to provide a driver license number or the last four digits of the voter's Social Security number at the time of registration.)
  • The provisional ballot meets the eligibility requirements set forth in Section 7-116.1 of Title 26 of the Oklahoma Statues.
https://oklahoma.gov/elections/voters/proof-of-identity.html

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just don't try using your CCW card. Midfirst and Tinker Credit Union do not recognize them as a State Issued ID.
I can't tell you how many times I've used my CCL as an ID. Never at the facilities you mentioned, so I'm sure that's a local decision.
The last was at a Restaurant in OKC. The 20 something waitstaff asked for my ID when ordering a cocktail.
At my age, it's not hard to see if it's questionable I'm old enough to order alcohol.
Company policy I was told.
Fine, check out this ID. Got an eyebrow raise and handed back to me.
What's your order? Water, I was going to order a cocktail but water is fine. Your company policy cost them money and you additional money for your tip which in my part is typically generous and I sympathize with food service workers.
I left a scathing review online directed at the management of that restaurant that I'll never go to again.
First place in Oklahoma I've ever been carded at a restaurant.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you're in Oklahoma you don't.
Oklahoma law says EITHER a valid ID or a voting card must be produced. If not, a provisional ballot can be cast.

There are three ways to prove your identity.

PHOTO IDENTIFICATION​

A document used for proof of identity for voting must have been issued by the United States government, the State of Oklahoma, or a federally recognized tribal government.
The law requires a document used for proof of identity for voting to contain the following information:
  • The name of the person to whom it was issued
  • A photograph of the person to whom it was issued
  • An expiration date that is after the date of the election, unless the identification is valid indefinitely
The law requires the voter's name on the proof of identity document to "substantially conform" to the voter's name in the Precinct Registry. In other words, your name on your proof of identity must match your name in the Precinct Registry.

COUNTY ELECTION BOARD VOTER IDENTIFICATION CARD​

In addition, voters may use the free voter identification card they received by mail from the County Election Board when they registered to vote. The law allows use of the voter identification card even though it does not include a photograph.

AFFIDAVIT WITH PROVISIONAL BALLOT​

If you do not have or if you refuse to show proof of identity, you may vote by provisional ballot and prove your identity by signing a sworn affidavit.
Provisional ballots are sealed inside special envelopes and are not put through the voting device. After election day, County Election Board officials will investigate the information provided by the voter on the affidavit and either will approve the provisional ballot for counting or will reject it based on the outcome of that investigation.
A provisional ballot cast by a voter who declines or is unable to produce proof of identity shall only be considered verified and approved for counting if:
  • The voter's name on the affidavit substantially conforms to the voter's name in the voter registration database.
  • The voter's residence address on the affidavit substantially conforms to the voter's residence address in the voter registration database.
  • The voter's date of birth matches the information in the voter registration database.
  • The voter's Oklahoma driver license number or the last four digits of the voter's Social Security number on the affidavit matches the information in the voter registration database. (This provision does not apply if the voter was not required to provide a driver license number or the last four digits of the voter's Social Security number at the time of registration.)
  • The provisional ballot meets the eligibility requirements set forth in Section 7-116.1 of Title 26 of the Oklahoma Statues.
https://oklahoma.gov/elections/voters/proof-of-identity.html

Which one of those is not an ID?

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't tell you how many times I've used my CCL as an ID. Never at the facilities you mentioned, so I'm sure that's a local decision.
The last was at a Restaurant in OKC. The 20 something waitstaff asked for my ID when ordering a cocktail.
At my age, it's not hard to see if it's questionable I'm old enough to order alcohol.
Company policy I was told.
Fine, check out this ID. Got an eyebrow raise and handed back to me.
What's your order? Water, I was going to order a cocktail but water is fine. Your company policy cost them money and you additional money for your tip which in my part is typically generous and I sympathize with food service workers.
I left a scathing review online directed at the management of that restaurant that I'll never go to again.
First place in Oklahoma I've ever been carded at a restaurant.

I am 58, every place I buy beer at IDs me. I do not know of any business who has a we do not ID policy for alcohol.

I know at our age it should be a no brainer, but from a business stand point they are trying to protect the company and the employee who could receive a ticket for not checking ID.

Also a lot of these business will have the ID check programed into the register, ID not scanned, transaction cannot be completed, it will be voided.

Latest posts

Top Bottom