Need some ideas. Privacy for two way fireplace?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm looking for a way for those in the master bedroom to be able to block view from the dining area through the fireplace. Have any of you guys had that problem? Needs to not sit on a hearth. There isn't one. Needs to completely block vision into the master bedroom.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was thinking that when I posted that. Rich folks problems. It's not my house unfortunately! I'm just fixing some things to help it sell.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
does it need to leave both sides viewable? I'm sure you could find some nice screen/shields that would sit flush to one side or the other. Or have one made.

Also, who puts a fireplace viewable into a bedroom... No one stopped to really ask if that was a good idea?

dc4ou

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would think you have two options. First you could put a door on the fireplace. Look up cast iron fireplace doors. The second and probably best option is a cast iron fireback. It is decorative and reflects the heat back into room. You can get them with hunting scenes and different looks. They are usually one sided, however you could probably have one made. Good luck!

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They are always a great idea by some wife, then same wife realizes she has now put her master bedroom on display if she has company and wants to change clothes

Latest posts

Top Bottom