Need Some Survey Question Help..... sorry it's a long read

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK, So here is the deal. My 14 year old son is on the Freshman football team at his high school. This is the same high school i attended. The varsity team is still being coached by the same head coach as well as three of the assistant coaches when I played at the school. My freshman year was 1986 and that was the current Varsity coaches first year as head coach.

While the head coach has had an overall great coaching career and is pretty well known in the high school coaching circles in Socal, the last 5-10 years the football program has really taken a dive. More loosing seasons at the freshman, JV and varsity levels than winning season the during this time. It is obvious that the coaching staff at all levels severely lacks the football acumen to run a successful program. The freshman coaching staff is embarrassing to watch. Anyone with any football experience or knowledge would watch the freshman football game and shake their heads with disappointment on how the kids ar coached.

Parents at all levels and alumni of all ages that are associated with the football program are beyond pissed at the situation. It's at a point the last couple years were there are more than a handful of clearly good quality athletes in 8th grade that will not play freshman football because of the reputation of the current freshman coaches and even worse the numbers of sophomores that return to play is usually about 50% or less because they had such a poor experience.

Because of a lot of factors, I along with several others, have been tasked with pushing for change in the program; namely for coaching change from top to bottom of the program. I need to formulate an 8-12 question survey that i will send out to all current football families and alumni for feed back. I need this survey to not necessarily bash the coaches but want to illicit true and honest responses from parents and alumni on their feelings of the program, what were the positives and what were the negatives, what changes would like to be seen, how could the program grow stronger with more participation from kids and parents, etc, etc.

Will you please submit one or two survey-type questions I could use or tweet to work for my purposes. I want the questions to have some "multiple choice" type answers but would prefer mostly open ended survey questions as this allows for better responses/communication from the parents and a better way for them to express their thoughts and feelings. Your help is appreciated as i am not good with this type of stuff. Thanks.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is what i have so far. Space will be made for surveyees to write a small paragraph below each answer. I may look into any free online survey app or program. These below are just me brainstorming while watching college football. Some of these are getting close to redundancy. I know most of you are a lot more creative than I am. Any advice or thoughts on other questions to ask.

My last question will be something to the effect: "Will your son return to play Newport Harbor Football for the 2018 season?

1. What Newport Harbor Football team did your son play on this 2017 season? Circle your response.
A. Freshman

B. Junior Varsity

C. Varsity

1. Please briefly detail your son's experience this football season at Newport Harbor in 2017.

1. Please briefly detail, as a parent or alumni, your opinion on how the Newport Harbor Football Program performed in 2017.

1. What were the top positive experiences you or your son had in the football program this season?

1. What are the top negative experiences you or your son had in the football program this season?

1. What changes or improvements, if any, would you like to see in the football program once the 2017 season has concluded?

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What did the coaches do to make a positive impact on your son this season?
A. Encouraged them in school
B. Sportsmanship
C. Be a better citizen
D. Developed a positive attitude toward others

This isn't the best but maybe a start

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What did the coaches do to make a positive impact on your son this season?
A. Encouraged them in school
B. Sportsmanship
C. Be a better citizen
D. Developed a positive attitude toward others

This isn't the best but maybe a start

E. Winning isn't everything. Everyone who plays is a winner!
After all your talking Commiefornia.

Latest posts

Top Bottom