I believe we need to spend a little more on reading, writing, and arthritic…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bear with me here..........
1. You are assuming that these things aren't being taught? Or that they're not being taught well enough?
2. Is it possible that kids in that video, like many in today's schools, just don't care enough to recall these things? Wouldn't that desire for learning start at home?
3. Someone please explain to me what CRT is.
4. How will funding private schools change this perceived problem? EPIC clearly didn't work out.
5. Vo-Tech is still a thing. It's just outsourced. Moore-Norman provides excellent services on a much larger, broader, and expansive scale that public schools have resources for.
6. Coaches teach what they're certified to teach. They're not just PUT somewhere because that's where coaches go.
7. Drivers Ed has been outsourced as well. Anybody know why?
8. P.E. isn't a requirement for graduation. Should it be? Why/Why Not? Should it even be offered in school?
At the school system i worked for they kept tearing up the cars. no more drivers ed, and yes some sort of PE should be required.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Something similar happened to me in high school. I was asked a geography question in Contemporary Problems and I know I got it right, but it was marked wrong. The teacher pointed to the map he used and insisted it was right. When I pointed out that the map was out of date, and offered to prove it, he got very angry and told me that the discussion was over.

This was before students had all the rights that they have now, so I had to accept it.
They or Them as we are supposed to refer to them.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Our gym teacher taught history or handed out assignments anyway.
He did not properly grade them.
If you filled out all the questions you got some upper 90's or 100%.

Even if the answers were wrong. That is what one student told me.

I put it to the test.
Some very rude answers on my test about donkeys and green genitalia and coronal sanders.
7 out of 20 of my answers were rude and crude.

I got a 100% on the test.
I had to find out if that student was lying.
That was in the 1980's
I was willing to sacrifice my hind end to find out the truth :)

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Our gym teacher taught history or handed out assignments anyway.
He did not properly grade them.
If you filled out all the questions you got some upper 90's or 100%.

Even if the answers were wrong. That is what one student told me.

I put it to the test.
Some very rude answers on my test about donkeys and green genitalia and coronal sanders.
7 out of 20 of my answers were rude and crude.

I got a 100% on the test.
I had to find out if that student was lying.
That was in the 1980's
I was willing to sacrifice my hind end to find out the truth :)
teacher probably laughed his rear off. and yes alot of the time they are just desperate to fill the spot with anyone who says they can teach. takes a special person to get the kids to actually learn.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
teacher probably laughed his rear off. and yes alot of the time they are just desperate to fill the spot with anyone who says they can teach. takes a special person to get the kids to actually learn.
I heard the teacher handed out most of the papers to grade to a certain cheerleader.
Told her to grade them like that as that is what he does.

So I have no idea what person graded it.
Or if they read it.
I mad an A in the class though.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMO There’s always been exceptions, especially for a talented athlete, important community members and their kids.

Two tiered system always been here. Think Dexter Manley graduated college and couldn’t read or write. Much like LeBron they dress him up and give him some lines and speaking classes. I saw an interview he was just starting to read MalcomX , I bet he didn’t have a real class all through high school and may need to hire someone to read it to him.

As far as the English class I can only guess it was our senior thesis. No computers, double spaced, footnotes, Index cards as your reference. All he had to do is take the paper’s up.

Trust me I didn’t want to retype nearly every page as these we’re not a few pages, it took the whole semester as I recall.

Latest posts

Top Bottom