Need ST boots

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Alright, I need steel toed work boots. 8inch high, waterproof. I will be spending 10h a day in them outside. They need to be comfortable and durable. not looking for cowboy boots

I am looking for a store... not online. I need to be able to try them on without the hassle of shipping and returns.

OKC metro area

Thanks

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't live in Okc, so can't help with a store, but can offer a brand and style that you could possibly associate with a local store. I did a lot of walking and climbing in the Power Plant before retiring. Good boots were a requirement. Nothing worse than sore feet from cheap poorly made boots.
The leather is so soft in these boots right out of the box that they required no break-in.
I still use them around the house and farm as work boots because they are so comfortable.

a3b1a2bde171e559203f31341e5a4358.jpg

crazyfish

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I second the red wing boots. My grandpa bought my dad a pair when I was little and my dad was helping him on the farm. Said he needed good work boots. Those things were great. My dad wore them until he wore out the soles. He had them re-soled and wore them more. I bet he used them for 15 years.

BikerHT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Red Wing gets my vote, too! I work oil & gas & I wear steel-toed boots every day. I have tried some knock-off, cheaper brands a few times over the years. Not worth the discomfort & hassle...and I always have gone back to Red Wings. Stick with the best. My current pair, I've had for over 5 years now & they're still in perfect shape. I always choose the taller boot, slip-on style.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another Red Winger here too. (I guess you could say I vote the way my feet tell me). Best pair of boots I ever had were these.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Give Gellco in the Stockyards a shot. They have a good variety. You can't beat a good Redwing boot either. I'm a Danner fan and have a pair of Danner 8" Steel Toes that I bought years ago. I will say they took a bit to break in. Once broken in they fit awesome.

My biggest problem was getting a boot to pass the squat test. Squatting down in them and seeing if they pinched the toes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom