Nervous while Scouting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WacosSon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went out to Ft. Gibson last night to lay out some acorn rage and scout for Saturday. Pulled up to my usual parking spot and within 2 minutes of being out of my truck heard gunfire. I REALLY hope it was just practice fire from some of the property in the area, but either way, I put on blaze for my hike and saved the game warden's # in my phone.

Also saw several armadillos, and wanted to whack em SOOOOO bad!:rubhands:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pulled up to my usual parking spot and within 2 minutes of being out of my truck heard gunfire. I REALLY hope it was just practice fire from some of the property in the area,

:

I was at home today on my day off in the country, and there were shots going off from every direction.
Procrastinators sighting in at the last moment.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That always aggravates me when people wait till the day before to sight in there rifles around where I hunt. I always have mine sighted in way before season starts.

I don't know about your area, but shooting doesn't seem to bother the deer in ours.
Had deer in front of me this am, and never lifted their heads when some shots went off.

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
don't have any proof but i think a lot of those multiple shots the night before muzzle and deer rifle seasons are guys shooting the deer they have been feeding for a while, hang it up, gut it, and then check it in on opening morning.

this way no one else gets their deer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom