New Primary Arms Advanced Micro Red Dot.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I saw that Bear Beam Firearms/Safe Home Consulting said they have primary arms red dots in stock so I dropped by this week to look at them. I saw what I thought was the micro red dot priced at $169... I thought **** that is double what it is online and didnt even look at it... So I went home and did a bit of research and found that it was the new advanced micro red dot... Priced at $169 online... So it was nice to see that I could get the SAME price local as online. From there I did some research and found that they are made by the same company that makes the Holosun. With the battery on the side rather than underneath.

I have had the regular Primary Arms Micro Red Dot in the past and was not impressed. Let me be the first to say that this does not feel like a cheap Chinese red dot. In fact is pretty damn close to an Aimpoint T1 that I have played around with. STOP! I know what you are thinking another yard-bird (thanks Jim Traber) trying to compare a primary arms to an Aimpoint. I don't know if you could drop this from a helicopter or take it scuba diving and come out of the ocean slinging lead. The probability of this rifle being used in battle is quite low. The reason I used Eotech and Aimpoint in the past is not because its what the military uses. It's because they had several distinct advantages over a cheap red dot. Brightness, ability to hold zero, battery life, durability, not seeing the transmitter when looking through the scope. This little gem does all of that for me. Hopefully I will get to shoot with it soon and will report back, but from what I read, I imagine I will be just as impressed. Again I am not saying this is as "good" as an Aimpoint. I am just saying that it has everything that I look for in a high quality red dot at a great price.

HonkyTonkHale

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have nothing but good things to say about the Primary Arms Advanced Micro Dot. I also have an Aimpoint, and I do not think there is a wide gulf between the two. I could not say the same thing about the basic Aimpoint MD, which is noticeably inferior to the Aimpoint.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have nothing but good things to say about the Primary Arms Advanced Micro Dot. I also have an Aimpoint, and I do not think there is a wide gulf between the two. I could not say the same thing about the basic Aimpoint MD, which is noticeably inferior to the Aimpoint.
so an aimpoint md is inferior to an Aimpoint? I will keep that in mind. Lol. I know you meant primary arms. I have been looking at one of these as well. I think for that price I will just save a little more and get a mepro.

HonkyTonkHale

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry about the incorrect statement. I meant to say the standard Primary Arms MD is inferior to the PA Advanced MD. I have both PA MDs and a Aimpoint T1, and the difference is not significant from the T1 to the PA Advanced, but the difference between the standard PA MD to the others is very noticeable. I like the dial controls better on the T1 compared to the push buttons on the Advanced PA, but the glass and dot clarity are nearly the same. the Tango Down cover fits on the PA Advanced too, I just stamped a + and - signs on the cover so I could tell by feel.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry about the incorrect statement. I meant to say the standard Primary Arms MD is inferior to the PA Advanced MD. I have both PA MDs and a Aimpoint T1, and the difference is not significant from the T1 to the PA Advanced, but the difference between the standard PA MD to the others is very noticeable. I like the dial controls better on the T1 compared to the push buttons on the Advanced PA, but the glass and dot clarity are nearly the same. the Tango Down cover fits on the PA Advanced too, I just stamped a + and - signs on the cover so I could tell by feel.
I was just giving you are hard time. Thanks for the comparison between the aimpoint and the pa. I may just rethink getting one then. I would love an aimpoint but I cannot justify spending that for what I use a rifle for.

Latest posts

Top Bottom