New Windows?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shotty

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Recently have been thinking about replacing the windows in my home with more efficient ones. The 3 bids to do the work, all say that there will be a 30% savings in my heating and cooling. Plus, by doing this, I will qualfiy for a $1500 tax credit, cutting the cost nearly in half. Anyone done this? Recomendations, opinions?

Mr10mm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK I did this and yes it cut my energy bill way down but I think the tax credit is only 30% up to $1500 and does not include labor. Someone will correct me if I am wrong

Leadlobber

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes I'm waiting to have mine installed in Tulsa there is a 12 wk backlog of work. The Obama bucks program is good till Dec,31 that is the windows must be installed by the 31st. The 30% tax rebate is on the cost of windows not labor to install.

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Dad and I just installed 5 windows in the last couple of days....I hope it does cut back on the utility bills. Now the windows I bought say that they qualify for the tax credit but not sure how I go about it....just deduct the price of the windows on my taxes come tax season?

So we got 5 installed, we got 6 to go....ugh

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Recently have been thinking about replacing the windows in my home with more efficient ones. The 3 bids to do the work, all say that there will be a 30% savings in my heating and cooling. Plus, by doing this, I will qualfiy for a $1500 tax credit, cutting the cost nearly in half. Anyone done this? Recomendations, opinions?

You only get 30% tax credit up to $1500 and that is just for the cost of the windows, not installation. Just make sure that you get windows that will qualify and keep the labels off the windows and a letter certifying that they meet the requirements. I just ordered 12 new windows for my house.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Even without the tax credit, it's still worth it to buy good energy efficient windows.

1. The windows won't sweat on the inside at all.
2. Sound will be reduced.
3. You will be more comfortable and save on energy bills.

SDarkRage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used Window World about 3 years ago and have been super happy with them. If I remember right they are $215 per window for Low-E glass any size.

Latest posts

Top Bottom