newbie rant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redriverboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So finally had a moment of calmness in all the wild and craziness of lately and thought why are we so mad that they are trying to take our guns with their political chess games when what we should be infuriated by is the fact that they can pass any sort of bill,law, or whatever else they try WITHOUT the voice of the people being heard i mean shouldnt the PEOPLE get to decide what laws pass by voting and not have some dictators making laws that the people as a mass cant even stop.

Where's your line.

vicious

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have representatives, and they should be acting on our behalf. We can't vote on every issue, so we elect them to be our proxy, so to speak. Ultimately it's all a shell game. Look over here, forget about what's there, and don't see what I'm doing there.

That's a bit disingenuous. I know quite a few people who believe that those they voted for are going to make it so life is fair. Even more won't do the research to understand that the person who did something to affect them was the person they voted for, and when you point it out they deny it.

We live in the entitlement era, where people believe they are entitled to everything they want without having to work for it. They believe life is fair, and when it's not they want someone to fix it for them instead of doing for themselves. Personal responsibility is all gone, and many of the politicians know this. They play to it. They get voted into office for it. People who are willing to play fair, but work harder, are demonized. Those who succeed are vilified instead of being used as examples.

I don't think the government is fully to blame. We, the people, have made this happen. We require no accountability for their actions. What makes it worse for me is that those I voted for either didn't make it into office, or they are doing what I asked them to do.

I have begun my own one maned campaign to push my reps to exercise state rights. We've gotten too comfortable with letting the fed run the country, and that's just not the way it should be. I'll continue to write and call them, even if it may be a futile effort.

Redriverboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My point was more directed towards the fact that something this serious (possible bill of rights infringment) should not be able to pass completely out of the say of the mass public and we all know the represenitives are just as human as us and well money talks

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As long as there has been a congress, it has (tried and sometimes successfully) stepped on our bill of rights.

The writings we find today were not written on just random thoughts... Like 2A quotes from Washington, Franklin, Jefferson, Madison, ect... These are issues that have been challenged since inception. Few politicians will stand, many will conform.

Redriverboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And well the wyoming approach kinda makes me think of the civil war i mean i may not be correct but in general it was about states wanting more power i mean with the medical mj and if wyoming passes that law i think it would be a precourse for a flood of independent state laws

gaseous maximus

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You all obviously, have the country in which we now reside, confused with the country, formally known as the USA. Thankfully we now have a messiah, albeit a muslim messiah, who will now decide the trival issues like freedom, guns and such, for us. This will work to our benefit, as what is left of our tiny brains will be free to consentrate, on the more important things, like worshiping him and his edicts. There, do you feel better now?

justinsaneok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well it's not a Democracy issue its a REPUBLIC issue. I for one am glad there is no vote by the majority. The majority are dipshitz. The popular vote re elected Obama. I don't care what the majority wants I only care that I maintain my Liberty and Freedom and that can never happen in a democracy. That's why we have a Bill of Rights !

madbrad

Marksman
Reaction score
People if we dont get some backbone we will lose our second amendment rights, I've heard the words huning and sportman the past few weeks and you donjt hunt with a gun that holds 30 rounds. I challange anyone and everyone find the word hunting or sportsman in the constitution, the Second amendment isnt about hunting or shooting

Latest posts

Top Bottom