Night owls

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SiGArmed

Deplorable
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thats gotta be rough I'd think.
For 25 years or so I worked 7:30 to 4:30 and then we had a change where I could work 8:30 till 6:00.Best thing about retiring from that shithole was fighting traffic, morning and evening

I love it, seems to be my "natural" schedule. Dur the day too many chiefs are around lol. I cruise into work with hardly any traffic and cruise home without any traffic lol.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I try to go around 10pm but times it is later, I never know if and when the next morning i will have to be up and about to take kid to school or if wife does it she lets me sleep in, but there are times i may lay down for a hour or so and be wide awake after that and wont go back til 4,5 or 6 in the morning for another couple of hours.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I try to go around 10pm but times it is later, I never know if and when the next morning i will have to be up and about to take kid to school or if wife does it she lets me sleep in, but there are times i may lay down for a hour or so and be wide awake after that and wont go back til 4,5 or 6 in the morning for another couple of hours.
I used to be that way when I worked. Seems stress about the job may have been the cause because I no longer deal with that issue.

Lee Beaittie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After I get off and home, a shower and maybe a snack, I'm in bed by 0130 and up automatically at 0730-0800,
however, when I took care of the airlines I had to be to work by 0330 off by 1230-1600 but back then I could never get to bed before watching Jay Leno, at least his monologue, back in those days I ran on maybe 4 hrs of sleep.
Wife would get so mad if we had company or visiting friends or family, 5 mins sitting I was asleep lol

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can be completely exhausted and still can't go to sleep before midnight. Some nights I'm up until 2-3 am. Thankfully I don't have to be at work until 9am and I no longer have to commute.
This is me to a tee.

I used to hate having to get up at the a$$ crack of dawn to sort in traffic for an hour just to get to work. Now that I've been working from home for the last 10 years, I can't even begin to imagine having to go back to that routine.

Now I stay up until midnight at least and crawl out of bed around 9 or so and stumble to my kitchen to make something for breakfast before making my 30 second commute to my office.

Latest posts

Top Bottom